Synchro Mesh vs Wyred 4 Sound/Auralic

lousyreeds1

Synchro Mesh vs Wyred 4 Sound/Auralic
« on: 8 Feb 2015, 11:54 am »
Hi Steve,

I'm currently streaming Qobuz FLAC through an Apple TV to a Red Wine Audio NOS DAC, and I'd like to reduce jitter.  I'm trying to decide between a number of devices, including your Synchro Mesh, the Wyred 4 Sound Remedy ($400), and the Auralic Aries ($1000/$1600).  Can you describe any differences in what to expect with sound quality between your device and these others, particularly when using a DAC that's limited to 16/44.1?  I realize that the Aries includes much more functionality and would mean ditching the Apple TV all together, but I'm making this decision based on sound quality and value.  I don't want to rely on a computer as an interface, or your Off Ramp would be on the list as well.

Thanks!

audioengr

Re: Synchro Mesh vs Wyred 4 Sound/Auralic
« Reply #1 on: 19 Feb 2015, 01:09 am »
I expect the SM to sound better than any of these.  If you upgrade to Dynamo power supply and my BNC-BNC coax, it will be a world-class source.

The Off-Ramp is even better, lower jitter and can also be imrpoved with the Dynamo and BNC-BNC coax.

Steve N.

Hi Steve,

I'm currently streaming Qobuz FLAC through an Apple TV to a Red Wine Audio NOS DAC, and I'd like to reduce jitter.  I'm trying to decide between a number of devices, including your Synchro Mesh, the Wyred 4 Sound Remedy ($400), and the Auralic Aries ($1000/$1600).  Can you describe any differences in what to expect with sound quality between your device and these others, particularly when using a DAC that's limited to 16/44.1?  I realize that the Aries includes much more functionality and would mean ditching the Apple TV all together, but I'm making this decision based on sound quality and value.  I don't want to rely on a computer as an interface, or your Off Ramp would be on the list as well.

Thanks!