dBpoweramp CD Ripper help

ZAKski288

dBpoweramp CD Ripper help
« on: 28 Jun 2020, 09:51 pm »
Recently  everything was working great, just ripped a ton of CD’s. Then something happened, I thought at first my DVD drive died. I’m using a Toshiba lap top with Windows 10. I did update the program, but it didn’t help. Now I start the program and insert the CD, the CD is recognized, title and song names come up. Everything works up to that point, when I click rip, it ripping the entire CD in 25 seconds all error. Any CD I try to rip, all errors. Any help or is there a better Flac ripper out there. Thanks Ken

glynnw

• I have tin ears.
Re: dBpoweramp CD Ripper help
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jun 2020, 10:06 pm »
My only suggestion is to download a new copy of DBpoweramp and see if that fixes it.  In over 10 years I have never had a problem with DBpoweramp.

Dynky

« Reply #2 on: 28 Jun 2020, 10:09 pm »
I had a similar thing when I updated dBPoweramp recently, running on a Macbook here with external drive connected via a USB hub.

Turned out the updated version for some reason didn't want to work with that hub anymore (also showed everything as before, but when ripping actually started all CD's came out with errors), so finally I figured out that I needed to change to another USB hub, after which all worked again as before.

aldcoll

• Champagne Taste on a Water Budget
« Reply #3 on: 28 Jun 2020, 10:15 pm »
I am now way a BD Guru this sounds like a problem I had when I got a new PC.

Just my guess is some of the settings changed in the update?   I have had issues with some of the data bases that are selected for checking are down at the time of ripping thus the errors. 

I would reach out to DB help.  There is a launch link for the help in the main folder.   https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/.

I actually have a long crib sheet in my desk drawer of all my settings.

And I don't think there is a better ripper out there.

My .02  Alan and good luck

ZAKski288

« Reply #4 on: 28 Jun 2020, 10:16 pm »
I did update dBpoweramp and it did not help. I will try again, this time I will uninstall it first and reinstall. Thanks

ZAKski288

« Reply #5 on: 28 Jun 2020, 10:21 pm »
Thanks Alan,  I will reach out in there Forum. I hope it a Windows 10 issue, Windows is doing and update right now.
« Last Edit: 28 Jun 2020, 11:29 pm by ZAKski288 »

aldcoll

• Champagne Taste on a Water Budget
« Reply #6 on: 28 Jun 2020, 10:37 pm »
Spend the time and double check your settings.  And what is the error message you get after ripping??  My guess that will point the direction. 

Best of luck and report back.

Alan

jgerber4

« Reply #7 on: 29 Jun 2020, 01:22 am »
When I have had that problem, it has been because dBpoweramp had lost access to the folder where music files were stored.  Did your update inadvertently change the path that dBpoweramp was using, or did something happen to your music folder?

ZAKski288

« Reply #8 on: 29 Jun 2020, 02:12 am »
When I have had that problem, it has been because dBpoweramp had lost access to the folder where music files were stored.  Did your update inadvertently change the path that dBpoweramp was using, or did something happen to your music folder?
Yes, that maybe a possibly, At one point I was ripping to the desktop, Then after about 10 CD’s  I would sync to my Sony player. Then load the file to a Spare Hard drive. Thanks Ken

ZAKski288

« Reply #9 on: 29 Jun 2020, 05:15 pm »
Thanks to all. I blame Windows 10 as the problem, I can’t believe it was any kind of user error   :lol:                So I uninstalled it and reloaded the newest version of dBpoweramp ripper and it is working again. Ken
« Last Edit: 29 Jun 2020, 08:41 pm by ZAKski288 »