LGK driver w/ GR woofer? Box Speaker?

jparkhur

LGK driver w/ GR woofer? Box Speaker?
« on: 20 Dec 2017, 06:26 pm »
Danny,  Any thought to making a box speaker with the LGK and one of your newer 6 inch drivers?

Danny Richie

Re: LGK driver w/ GR woofer? Box Speaker?
« Reply #1 on: 21 Dec 2017, 03:50 am »
Danny,  Any thought to making a box speaker with the LGK and one of your newer 6 inch drivers?

Not really. My newer 6" NQ style drivers are more for open baffle applications. If I am going to use one of the new woofers then I'd probably go for a good tweeter with it.

New stuff is in the works.

Jonathon Janusz

« Reply #2 on: 24 Dec 2017, 04:43 am »
...so is one of those new things a "NQ"-spec driver optimized for being put in a box, a true M165/M165X replacement/upgrade driver taken in design as far as that chassis can go?  Maybe something similar but in the M130 frame?

Danny Richie

« Reply #3 on: 24 Dec 2017, 02:49 pm »
The M165NQ is basically a cost no object design for open baffle applications and sealed box designs.

I have a studio model that I will be releasing that uses the new Neo 3 and the M165NQ in a sealed box. Then there will be a floor standing version with a pair of M165/16's below. A TMWW configuration also as a sealed box design.

Jonathon Janusz

« Reply #4 on: 24 Dec 2017, 03:01 pm »
That sounds pretty cool!  How low do you think these will play being sealed, low enough for most music to not need subs?

On the thought of a M130-based "NQ", I was recently looking at the dimensions of the drivers on your website, and I was thinking the M130 would be the way to go to get the absolutely smallest baffle width if one were to pair them with a Neo3 and Neo10.  It got me thinking that a Neo3/Neo10/NQ/NQ (to get the sensitivity somewhere near 90db) could make a pretty fine speaker (for those who love the S7 but can't make that work for whatever reason).

Glad to read that you haven't forgot about those of us in (really) tiny rooms that just can't make open baffles work.  :thumb: