iFi and AMR

roscoeiii

Re: iFi and AMR
« Reply #40 on: 5 Jan 2017, 09:29 pm »
Hell yes!!! I want iFi on AC!!

My new years resolution is to look around at phono stage options. For example, the iFi Phono 2...

Rusty Jefferson

« Reply #41 on: 5 Jan 2017, 09:58 pm »

Hell yes!!! I want iFi on AC!!  Plus, what they said!

Very impressed with an iTube Buffer I recently installed.  Will be purchasing the iPhono II if my Mag-Lev turntable actually appears from the former Soviet block as promised.

konut

• Came for the value, stayed for the drama
« Reply #42 on: 5 Jan 2017, 10:58 pm »

As far as audio is concerned, I need to get some gear repaired. New purchases will have to wait until after I get my kitchen remodeled.

reillyzing

« Reply #43 on: 5 Jan 2017, 11:58 pm »

My new year's resolution is to finally upgrade (significantly) from AudioEngine 5+ speakers, and then inevitably a new DAC, and amp, which I've never owned since the speakers are powered. :o

JakeJ

« Reply #44 on: 6 Jan 2017, 02:00 am »

Ordered an iLink Micro today to see if that improves the signal to my Metrum Acoustics HEX DAC from the Mac Mini.  My current audio priority is a pair of XLR cables to go from preamp to power amp. Then the iDSD.  Then some decent cans.  Then... :thumb:

sonicxtc

« Reply #45 on: 6 Jan 2017, 02:38 am »
Well, at the risk of repeating an oft quoted phrase...

My New Years audio resolutions:
To actually sort out what all these ifi noise reducing gizmos do and where they would best be implemented.
To sort out my server/music player options in an ever changing field.
To crank more tunes!
To win an ifi iSilencer even if it requires typing "Hell yes!!! I want iFi on AC!!:banana piano:

ccklone

• The Only Good Head is a Deadhead
« Reply #46 on: 6 Jan 2017, 02:55 am »
Hey Now,

Bring it on. I have iFi gear up the wazoo. . . welcome.

--
Finest kind,
Chris 

Odal3

« Reply #47 on: 6 Jan 2017, 05:20 am »

This year I am for sure going to finalize building up my GR research OB subs.

dburna

« Reply #48 on: 6 Jan 2017, 10:09 pm »

I am currently using the iDSD BL from the US Head-fi tour.  It's a peach.  Am mailing it reluctantly to the next listener tomorrow.

My New Year's Resolution: no dead musicians in 2017.....but it's not like I have any control over that.

Oh, and my other New Year's Resolution is to cut down on buying music so I can re-start playing my guitar.  The last half of 2016 I was on a crazy CD buying binge that is not sustainable unless I get a second job.

-dB (a unit measure of noise)

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #49 on: 6 Jan 2017, 11:31 pm »

2017 New Year's resolution?

Hmm. I've begun saving for my next pair of speakers ($2965 so far), buy acoustic treatments for my listening room in Taiwan, and experiment with different gear to see what adds to my musical enjoyment.

I own an iFi Purifier.

Pez

« Reply #50 on: 7 Jan 2017, 08:23 pm »
Thanks for all the love guys! Contest still open through Friday. Keep it up! Love the resolutions.

For me the first thing is to get the Onkyo DP-X1A.  :P get my Jupiter caps installed on my tube amps and maybe... VINYL???

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #51 on: 8 Jan 2017, 01:15 am »
I've been trying the iSilencer in my system and it makes a pretty nice improvement plugged directly into the back of my PC server.  Even with the iUSB3, it makes a nice difference!  Blacker background, warmer mids and an overall less clattery sound.

Pez

« Reply #52 on: 12 Jan 2017, 03:17 pm »
Hey guys, final two days to get yourself into the contest! I'll be running another fun contest after this so post now and post often!

:drums: :guitar: :rock: :violin: :banana piano: :beer: :dance: :duel: :tempted: :wtf:

Charles Xavier

« Reply #53 on: 12 Jan 2017, 03:20 pm »

New Years Resolution is to spend less time on the net

konut

• Came for the value, stayed for the drama
« Reply #54 on: 12 Jan 2017, 03:27 pm »
 :kiss:
 :fishing:
I forgot to mention,
And 1 more thing,

dburna

« Reply #55 on: 12 Jan 2017, 05:13 pm »
I finished my time with the iFi iDSD Black Label this past week and posted my tour review over on Head-Fi: http://www.head-fi.org/products/ifi-audio-micro-idsd/reviews?start=20.  iFi is doing a nice job across-the-board with their product line.

-dB

Pez

« Reply #56 on: 12 Jan 2017, 05:52 pm »
I finished my time with the iFi iDSD Black Label this past week and posted my tour review over on Head-Fi: http://www.head-fi.org/products/ifi-audio-micro-idsd/reviews?start=20.  iFi is doing a nice job across-the-board with their product line.

-dB

I just read your review this morning! Thanks for the effort. Forwarded it on to some folks as well.  :thumb: I think your review summarizes the BL precisely.

Pez

« Reply #57 on: 12 Jan 2017, 06:01 pm »
Forgot to mention, I have an iCan Pro I would like to send to a reviewer! If you are a longtime/trustworthy AC member please send me a PM if you would like to try it with a higher end set of cans that you own. Since this is a rare piece for me to get my hands on (we circulate very few of these) it would be a rare opportunity to try this bad boy out in your system.

Hit me up and let's have some fun with this!

Pez

« Reply #58 on: 13 Jan 2017, 03:02 pm »
Last chance for the drawing guys! I'm going to pick a winner using a random number generator today at 12:00PM MTN time.

Good luck to everyone!!!

Zero

« Reply #59 on: 13 Jan 2017, 05:30 pm »
Pez,

You need to stop effing around and find a way to check out the new iTube 2.  I'm telling you man, it's da real deal!