Re: Hmmm, nothing like a slab of ribs!
« Reply #240 on: 28 Jun 2017, 03:13 pm »
Kansas City Ribs delivered to your door

jackstack.com

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #241 on: 28 Jun 2017, 03:28 pm »
Kansas City-style barbecue refers to the specific regional barbecue style of slowly smoked meat that evolved from the pit of Henry Perry in the early 1900s in Kansas City, Missouri. Kansas City barbecue is slow-smoked over a variety of woods and then covered with a thick tomato-and molasses-based sauce.-  Wiki

Not my style.  Dry rub and smoke are all that is needed.  If you need sauce, put it on the side to be added after cooking. 

quadman

« Reply #242 on: 28 Jun 2017, 03:36 pm »
Here's some nice and tasty beef short ribs.  My neighbor cooked these up on a large BGE, He writes a food blog called nibblemethis.com.  We cook in a few KCBS contests each year so the smell of BBQ in our neighborhood is always in the air.

S Clark

« Reply #243 on: 28 Jun 2017, 03:40 pm »
Gotta admit, those look pretty tasty.  Hmmm, I've got some left over in the fridge for late breakfast/early lunch.  Got to go now.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #244 on: 28 Jun 2017, 03:41 pm »
Not my style.  Dry rub and smoke are all that is needed.  If you need sauce, put it on the side to be added after cooking.
Agreed.
The sauce thing is definitely regional. Unfortunately, St. Louis, like Kansas City, is a sauce town.  :roll:

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #245 on: 28 Jun 2017, 03:58 pm »

quadman

« Reply #246 on: 28 Jun 2017, 04:10 pm »
We use their Wagyu gold brisket for competitions, actually a lot of KCBS competitors use their wagyu gold.  Funny thou our best placement in brisket came from a GFS choice grade, not the wagyu.

Doublej

« Reply #247 on: 28 Jun 2017, 06:25 pm »
When you're ready to step up your beef rib game.  8)
http://www.snakeriverfarms.com/american-kobe-beef/ribs/american-kobe-short-ribs.html

Am I reading this correctly, $40 per rib!

quadman

« Reply #248 on: 28 Jun 2017, 06:31 pm »
or $16.67 per lb.  Those are giant ribs each pack is about 15 LBS, Yes it is very pricey and if I remember correctly shipping is now included.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #249 on: 28 Jun 2017, 06:59 pm »
Yes indeed. They're pricey, but they're a step or two above the grocery store ribs.
Sadly, they're above my pay grade, so I'll never have the pleasure of "audiophile grade" ribs.  :lol:

S Clark

« Reply #250 on: 28 Jun 2017, 07:06 pm »
Yes indeed. They're pricey, but they're a step or two above the grocery store ribs.
Sadly, they're above my pay grade, so I'll never have the pleasure of "audiophile grade" ribs.  :lol:
Yep, out of my league.  BBQ was originally a way of cooking cheap, tough cuts of meat... but they're not cheap anymore.  It floors me whenever I see beef ribs at 5.99/lb when steaks are on sale for a dollar less. 

aldcoll

• Champagne Taste on a Water Budget
« Reply #251 on: 28 Jun 2017, 07:09 pm »
And if you are looking for something in the $5.99 price range swing by a Arby's and get a Pork Belly sandwich. One of the finest Pork products I have come across.

Don't worry about the 1500 mg of salt per serving. :flame:

Alan

mcgsxr

« Reply #252 on: 28 Jun 2017, 07:09 pm »
Honestly my experience with said "audiophile grade meats" has never really wow'd me vs more pedestrian priced cuts.

I find much success with Black Angus AAA cuts.  I never go higher than that.  There is a prime designation that is a level above it in our local places, but I never found it to taste any better.

I have tried many of the ~$30 burgers in Toronto and they are good - but don't represent good value for me.  A fav burger is one out in Saskatoon at a place called Stacked.  I recall their Waygu burger is around $15.  It is excellent, and does present good value to me.  Their standard burgers are good too, at around $9.

I also love that much of BBQ is meant to make excellent food from cheaper cuts anyway.

But, if you have the pockets and want to experiment - go for it!

quadman

« Reply #253 on: 28 Jun 2017, 08:22 pm »
In all honesty it really boils down to how good a cook are you.  The better more experienced cooks can take a lesser grade cut of meat and make it really really good.  Do the right technique correctly and most any cut can be exceptional.

SlushPuppy

« Reply #254 on: 28 Jun 2017, 08:28 pm »
In all honesty it really boils down to how good a cook are you.  The better more experienced cooks can take a lesser grade cut of meat and make it really really good.  Do the right technique correctly and most any cut can be exceptional.
  :thumb:

nature boy

« Reply #255 on: 28 Jun 2017, 08:45 pm »
HaHa.  250+ posts and 32,000+ reads, my most popular post.  Ribs Rule. Who would have thunk it!

NB

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #256 on: 28 Jun 2017, 08:57 pm »
HaHa.  250+ posts and 32,000+ reads, my most popular post.  Ribs Rule. Who would have thunk it!

NB
Audio gets boring, but everybody loves food.  :wink: