Accoustically Transparent Screen

lkosova

• http://www.AutomatedHomeandBusiness.com
« on: 26 Nov 2003, 03:36 am »
As there has been much discusion about using the center channel behind the perforated screen and the pro's and con's of this...there is a company that has an acoustically transparent screen..according to them,thx and Joe Kane per their website it is   www.screenresearch.com .

This is a woven material so no perfs and no moires. I read through the site and will talk with them after I get back from Thansgiving(Happy Thanksgiving everyone). It seems interesting but they reccommend boosting the center 1bd.

This might be a good compromise for some .

Larry

Andrikos

« Reply #1 on: 26 Nov 2003, 04:05 am »
Cool,
I'll be probably be buying the Dalite Model C Hi Power (2.8 gain on axis).
I considered microperfs too but I'll probably go centerless and use the fantom center feature...
Anybody else doing this?

John Kotches

Screen Research
« Reply #2 on: 26 Nov 2003, 04:56 pm »
The Screen Research screen isn't perforated.  It is a woven fabric screen.  In the US, it is a bit more expensive than Stewart's Microperf of comparable size.

I have one on order, which will be delivered on Friday, and installed on Sunday.  

After that, it will be a while before I have any feedback, since I will be quite busy for the next two weeks.

Cheers,

wshuff

« Reply #3 on: 26 Nov 2003, 05:53 pm »
Hi John, nice to see you around here.  Hope to see you around more, and I look forward to reading about this new screen.  Who knows, I may hit the lottery!

John Casler

Re: Screen Research
« Reply #4 on: 26 Nov 2003, 06:50 pm »
Quote from: John Kotches

After that, it will be a while before I have any feedback, since I will be quite busy for the next two weeks.

Cheers,

Hi John And I too wanted to welcome you to AudioCircle and more specifically the VMPS forum.

Look forward to your feeback and review of the screens qualities.