N2x DIY speaker stands

skeeter99

Re: N2x DIY speaker stands
« Reply #40 on: 30 Jan 2011, 07:40 am »
Beautiful work Scott. :drool:

Those Rosewood stands will be killer!

Ruben

Thanks Ruben, that means a lot coming from you!! I wasn't super happy with the finish when I brought them upstairs initially but after 48 good hours of drying, they're really looking great and the finish is much more solid. They definitely need to set up before using!

I can't wait to try out the Rosewood. When I was at the wood store last time they had some beautifully figured pieces.

After this, I might try to build a pair of SuperPensil12's with the Mark Audio Alpair12's with a solid zebra wood front baffle ... Oh the things you can do with solid wood :drool:

Outofthewoods

• Industry Participant
  • Fallen Enclosures, Inc. Crafted with Passion
« Reply #41 on: 1 Feb 2011, 03:53 am »
Thanks Ruben, that means a lot coming from you!!

Hey man, I'm just another guy who enjoys creating things out of wood.

I wasn't super happy with the finish when I brought them upstairs initially but after 48 good hours of drying, they're really looking great and the finish is much more solid. They definitely need to set up before using!

I can't wait to try out the Rosewood. When I was at the wood store last time they had some beautifully figured pieces.

After this, I might try to build a pair of SuperPensil12's with the Mark Audio Alpair12's with a solid zebra wood front baffle ... Oh the things you can do with solid wood :drool:

Exciting stuff for sure! :thumb:

Ruben

avhed

« Reply #42 on: 3 Apr 2022, 11:32 pm »
I want to make a bottom plate for my Audioengine A2+, so they will sit on an Iso Acoustics 130 Stand. The speaker is smaller than the stand, so I need to make the base of the speaker a little wider and deeper.
The speaker cabinet is 18mm thick. what is the ideal thickness for the for the bottom plate? 18 or 25mm?