Tubes for your RS5 driver & Decware Zen....

Ultralight

Tubes for your RS5 driver & Decware Zen....
« on: 16 Mar 2016, 04:14 pm »
For those of you running Omega RS5 based speakers and Decware Zen, what replacement tubes do you recommend to complement the fantastic RS5 drivers? 

Moderator, hope this is OK to ask on this thread.  If not, please just delete this thread.  Thanks!

Thanks!
UL

nature boy

Re: Tubes for your RS5 driver & Decware Zen....
« Reply #1 on: 16 Mar 2016, 04:20 pm »
UL,

Here is what I like in my Zen: Mullard GZ32 rectifier, Cyro'd SV83's & EH Gold 6922 tubes.  Sounds very balanced and clean in my system.

NB

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
« Reply #2 on: 16 Mar 2016, 07:04 pm »
For those of you running Omega RS5 based speakers and Decware Zen, what replacement tubes do you recommend to complement the fantastic RS5 drivers? 

Moderator, hope this is OK to ask on this thread.  If not, please just delete this thread.  Thanks!

Thanks!
UL

I only delete threads that turn into a war of words or are bad for business as the Omega Circle is a commercial circle and not a free for all.  I think the subject of tube rolling in relation to our Omega speakers would make a great thread as long as we're able to except the opinions, experiences, and tastes of others.

I've always loved the sound of the tubes Steve ships with his Zens, going back almost 7 years, but maybe I should start exploring a little.

I did buy a matched set of Mesa Boogie EL84 for my Kitoki and to my ear was an improvement over the NOS 6N15N-EB tubes the amp shipped with, especially in the depth of the image.

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: 17 Mar 2016, 01:30 am »
Check this guy's page out.  Some serious rolling.  http://www.glowinthedarkaudio.com/decware-se83c.html  I'm sure "SE83C+" is a typo.