Currently, Omega has how many drivers?

Ultralight

Currently, Omega has how many drivers?
« on: 12 May 2015, 05:43 am »
A bit confused. How many drivers are currently in production and being used for Omega speakers?

http://omegaloudspeakers.com/omegaoemdrivers.html

List there.

But I read elsewhere that there are 8 difference drivers.   

So, I'm a bit confused. Can anyone list the driver options?

Thanks!
UL

beowulf

Re: Currently, Omega has how many drivers?
« Reply #1 on: 12 May 2015, 08:44 am »
I want to say there are currently 4 as far as I know.

1. RS5 - found in 3 series.
2. RS7 - found in 7 series.
3. RS8 - these are relatively new and TBH I'm not sure they are actually called RS8s or what series they will be found in, but I know there are 8" drivers in the lineup.
4. AlNiCo Hemp Cone - found in AlNiCo XRS and AlNiCo monitors.

There used to be 3 versions of the RS7 at one time (RS7 = Regular, RS7A = AlNiCo and RS7V = Vintage), but I think the Vintage and AlNiCo were dropped due to price crowding and other factors.

Audiophile58

« Reply #2 on: 12 May 2015, 09:00 am »
The Alnico  6 is the only current Alnico -Hemp driver  for Louis found the 6 is the most articulate,and
Totally balanced of the Alnico Hemp drivers that is why the 6 has not budged from
It's current status.

JohnR

« Reply #3 on: 12 May 2015, 09:38 am »
I just wonder if it's worth pointing out that the page linked is for OEM drivers i.e. if you are a speaker manufacturer.

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
« Reply #4 on: 12 May 2015, 06:05 pm »
I want to say there are currently 4 as far as I know.

1. RS5 - found in 3 series.
2. RS7 - found in 7 series.
3. RS8 - these are relatively new and TBH I'm not sure they are actually called RS8s or what series they will be found in, but I know there are 8" drivers in the lineup.
4. AlNiCo Hemp Cone - found in AlNiCo XRS and AlNiCo monitors.

There used to be 3 versions of the RS7 at one time (RS7 = Regular, RS7A = AlNiCo and RS7V = Vintage), but I think the Vintage and AlNiCo were dropped due to price crowding and other factors.
An oversight on my part that I will have to rectify: I never put the 8" and 12" subwoofer drivers up on the OEM drivers page so that makes 6 in all once the 8" comes out.

beowulf

« Reply #5 on: 12 May 2015, 11:02 pm »
I just wonder if it's worth pointing out that the page linked is for OEM drivers i.e. if you are a speaker manufacturer.

Hi John, I'm not sure I follow?  The page in the link is for Omega's OEM/Proprietary drivers that are used in Omega's lineup.  As far as I know they are not intended for and/or used by other manufactures.  By using the term OEM ~ I believe Omega is implying that they are orginal and specific to the Omega lineup and not off the shelf drivers that can be purchased or found in other vendors' speakers.  The separate OEM drives page linked in the OP's post is used as a tool for further investigation to current and potential Omega customers to read a little more in depth specs about the drivers that are being used in the speakers they are interested in.

An oversight on my part that I will have to rectify: I never put the 8" and 12" subwoofer drivers up on the OEM drivers page so that makes 6 in all once the 8" comes out.

CR, I think that's probably a great idea when you can get around to it and also possibly add the new 8" on the page is well.  I've been calling the 8" the RS8 ... is this actually going to be its designation?  If not do you know what it's going to be called so when I reference it I'll being using the right name? :thumb:
« Last Edit: 13 May 2015, 05:24 am by beowulf »

Ultralight

« Reply #6 on: 13 May 2015, 06:20 am »
Thanks for all the reply.

Would love to hear more about the 8".  Heard it claims to be about as fast in the transients as as the 4.5" drivers?  If so, wow.

UL

JohnR

« Reply #7 on: 13 May 2015, 12:50 pm »
Hi John, I'm not sure I follow?  The page in the link is for Omega's OEM/Proprietary drivers that are used in Omega's lineup.  As far as I know they are not intended for and/or used by other manufactures.  By using the term OEM ~ I believe Omega is implying that they are orginal and specific to the Omega lineup and not off the shelf drivers that can be purchased or found in other vendors' speakers.  The separate OEM drives page linked in the OP's post is used as a tool for further investigation to current and potential Omega customers to read a little more in depth specs about the drivers that are being used in the speakers they are interested in.

On a second look, I believe you are right, my apologies.