Mozilla Firefox Browser

nature boy

Mozilla Firefox Browser
« on: 24 Dec 2004, 11:32 pm »
My computer has been freezing up a lot lately on browsing duties.  After installing a new cable modem, top of  the line Electroline drop amp, and running a dedicated RG-6 line to my cable modem, I finally decided to try a new browser.

The Mozilla Firefox, a free downloadable internet browser simply kicks the snot out of Wild Bill Gate's Microsoft Internet Explorer.  Very pleased with this product and lightening quick downloads and uploads.  I may have to try their e-mail next.:D

NB

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
Mozilla Firefox Browser
« Reply #1 on: 24 Dec 2004, 11:51 pm »
I've been too lazy to ditch Hotmail & Outlook entirely, but I'm proud to say I've been IE-Free for quite awhile now.  Long live Firefox! :beer:

Rocket

firefox
« Reply #2 on: 25 Dec 2004, 12:29 am »
Hi Natureboy,

Can you provide a link?

Regards

Rod

Marbles

Mozilla Firefox Browser
« Reply #3 on: 25 Dec 2004, 12:58 am »
www.mozilla.org

Firefox and Thunderbird rule!!!  No more malware, no more popups, no more
viruses since i've been using them.

bob82274

Mozilla Firefox Browser
« Reply #4 on: 25 Dec 2004, 03:16 am »
On my main computer I use Opera and Thunderbird but for my various other computers I do have Firefox installed.  If I have a realtive that is having issues with their browser, Firefox is what I install.  

Its always a pain though trying to explain to them that getting rid of IE will not get rid of the internet :roll:.  If you explain to them that its like Netscape usually they will get a look of understanding in their eyes and things will go smoothly after that.

Bemopti123

Have it at home
« Reply #5 on: 25 Dec 2004, 05:28 am »
and it has done wonders....since I have downloaded it, I have been using it without much of a glitch for the past two-three weeks.  The only issue I find are that some pages and companies still write their pages for IE and of Microsoft, therefore, some secure pages, especially from overseas will not execute unless it is through IE.  Funny to think the MS bastards try to baptize their browser and security technology "safe" and reliable, while it is bizzarely absolutely just the opposite.  I still do not know why people who have been "hacked" through MS and their software do not get together and sue for damages...Imagine the amount of spyware and ID theft that has occured though MS negligence, and it certainly is, because they sell a product and an image, which is to provide stable computing and relative safety through the use of their software, just to find out that there is a need of yet ANOTHER security patch.  It seems that their product is so flawed that it needs to have a security patch or other software every couple of weeks...Another band aid for a gunshot wound of a product.  

Anyway, love MOZILLA and I hope that it will become a reference for programming and internet browsing experience everywhere now that it is out there.  

PS:  If you adopt firefox and use it for a couple of weeks and then later return to IE, you will realize how slow or a memory hog the IE certainly is.

nature boy

Mozilla Firefox Browser
« Reply #6 on: 26 Dec 2004, 10:23 pm »
Well, the Mozilla Firefox has just been great  :D .  I am now trying Mozilla Thunderbird, their e-mail offering.  My e-life is so much better now.

Like everyone else, I suffer from a lot of junk mail.  My kids in boxes are even worse.  Junk mail controls and identification on Thunderbird are excellent!  

Now I have to talk my IT network administrator into beta testing Mozilla suite at work.

Happy holidays you AC computer techies.  I'm definitely not in this camp.

NB

mgalusha

Mozilla Firefox Browser
« Reply #7 on: 26 Dec 2004, 10:33 pm »
I've been using Firefox for quite some time. I think since it was Firebird .6 or so. We install in on all of our employees PC's and remove IE from the desktop. It's still on the machine but this goes a long way to keeping the systems clean.

Daniel

Mozilla Firefox Browser
« Reply #8 on: 27 Dec 2004, 01:27 am »
I'm a major Firefox fan.  I use Thunderbird too.  Great stuff.

The Adaware extension for Firefox is a must.  I have a good, highly efficient script for it that effectively eliminates all ads without slowing the browser down.  I never see an ad.  Imagine that.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
Mozilla Firefox Browser
« Reply #9 on: 3 Jan 2005, 05:27 am »
Thanks for posting the Foxfire info...it really works great !!
    Being the adventurous type :lol: , I got ahold of my son's laptop.Thought I'd try it on his first. He visits all sort's of "strange site's", and things are always pop'in up (even on AudioCircle). I installed it , and no pop-ups.... laptop even runs faster now.[/list:u]
      A worthwhile download !!! And even he was impressed.....Thanks !!! :) [/list:u]

Daniel

Mozilla Firefox Browser
« Reply #10 on: 3 Jan 2005, 08:36 am »
This is a little off-topic but, Chris, your son's laptop has spyware on it.  The anti-popup feature of Firefox makes the spyware less intrusive but who knows what is lurking on that little laptop.

There is pretty good freeware to cope with that crap.  Try installing Adaware SE and Spybot.  Those programs identify the spyware and, if you wish, remove it for you.  They also prevent it from being installed.  I use 'em both because they sometimes pick up different things.

I had to get slick with this stuff when my daughter shared my computer.

Emil

Mozilla Firefox Browser
« Reply #11 on: 9 Jan 2005, 08:03 pm »
I found this for those who want to tweak it for faster surfing. I got it over at the Naim forum.
Ive tried the mozilla but cant say its any faster than IE

http://naim-audio.infopop.net/1/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=67019385&f=58019385&m=523105694