Outdoor Water Heater

Don_S

Outdoor Water Heater
« on: 22 Jul 2023, 09:56 pm »
Can anyone recommend a good outdoor water heater? I would only need a couple of gallons to rinse off after using my spa in the winter. I don't use my spa during cold months because I hate getting out and not being able to rinse off outside. If I had a heater it would allow me to use my spa again. I don't use my spa at all because in the summer I use the pool, spa, and external shower at the clubhouse of my retirement community. When swim season ends I would like to be able to use my spa.

I have a natural gas line and 15A GFCI outlet available to use. I saw a lot of propane-operated heaters for RV use but none that ran on natural gas. I also saw that some of the propane-operated ones caught fire and damaged homes. My spa is on a separate 220V line so running it and an electric heater at the same time would not be a problem. I think I would prefer an electric heater for the safety factor. I don't need hot water, just warm enough to be a comfortable rinse.

richidoo

Re: Outdoor Water Heater
« Reply #1 on: 23 Jul 2023, 01:22 am »
Did you ever consider sterilizing the spa with ozone instead of chlorine?
Ozone kits for spa are probably cheaper than plumbing in a warm (not just hot) water source. Ozone reverts to oxygen before gassing out of the water, so it's much healthier than breathing chlorine.