NFL 2022/23

twitch54

Re: NFL 2022/23
« Reply #120 on: 12 Dec 2022, 06:34 pm »
long season, cream rising to the top, both ny teams showing they cannot sustain the hot start,

For the record there is but only one team that is 'home' to the state of NY, the Buffalo Bills. I assume you were speaking of the Joisey Giants & Jets !

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #121 on: 12 Dec 2022, 06:45 pm »
I know the Giants have been on a down trend lately, but a division game at home, I thought they would at least give the Eagles a game of it, not so much.  The Eagles are a complete team across the board, in every facet.  When they play well they make you look silly, foolish, incompetent.  When they have a bad game they figure a way to pull it out.

The Steelers can't get a win when  handed to them on a silver platter.  Both starting QBs go out early with concussions.  Ravens have an unheard of free agent, Steelers have a first overall pick that was the starter earlier in the year.  So Trubisky throws three interceptions and loses the game, while Brown hands the ball off for the win.

The refs have been the worst I've seen in all  60 some years I've been watching football games.  They call personal fouls on QBs tacklers if you breath on them, and you can literally tackle a rusher on a pass play.  Anything to not have premier quarterbacks injured.  I suspect this all comes from 345 Park Ave.

rodge827

« Reply #122 on: 12 Dec 2022, 07:02 pm »

The refs have been the worst I've seen in all  60 some years I've been watching football games.  They call personal fouls on QBs tacklers if you breathe on them, and you can literally tackle a rusher on a pass play.  Anything to not have premier quarterbacks injured.  I suspect this all comes from 345 Park Ave.

Couldn’t agree more!!! Except you’re A LOT older than me!  :green:

FireGuy

« Reply #123 on: 12 Dec 2022, 07:04 pm »
long season, cream rising to the top, both ny teams showing they cannot sustain the hot start, minnesota looks like a one and done squad come playoff time

Jets way more legitimate and on schedule for improvement.  I think we all knew how faux the Giants start was. 

Bills/Fish next Saturday will show Tua a bit overrated.  And, BTW I heard Miami called in and set up heaters at SoFi for the their sideline.  It was what... 58 degrees?   I'll hesitate, but maybe, just maybe the team needs to temporarily hand in their "man" cards.  Wow.

twitch54

« Reply #124 on: 12 Dec 2022, 08:14 pm »
I know the Giants have been on a down trend lately, but a division game at home, I thought they would at least give the Eagles a game of it, not so much.  The Eagles are a complete team across the board, in every facet.  When they play well they make you look silly, foolish, incompetent.  When they have a bad game they figure a way to pull it out.

The Steelers can't get a win when  handed to them on a silver platter.  Both starting QBs go out early with concussions.  Ravens have an unheard of free agent, Steelers have a first overall pick that was the starter earlier in the year.  So Trubisky throws three interceptions and loses the game, while Brown hands the ball off for the win.

The refs have been the worst I've seen in all  60 some years I've been watching football games.  They call personal fouls on QBs tacklers if you breath on them, and you can literally tackle a rusher on a pass play.  Anything to not have premier quarterbacks injured.  I suspect this all comes from 345 Park Ave.

well said and I agree, being an old fart like you as well !   :thumb:

FireGuy

« Reply #125 on: 18 Dec 2022, 12:13 pm »
harsh ???? LOL, nonsense. if any team knows about 'having the game won' it's the Bills for crying out loud. Am I critical of them ? you bet, nobody on this board goes back further with the Bills then I do ............

Josh Allen's TD pass to end the first half was magic.  Any question on MVP?  This guy is unreal.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #126 on: 18 Dec 2022, 04:34 pm »
Josh Allen's TD pass to end the first half was magic.  Any question on MVP?  This guy is unreal.

I think Jalen Hurts will have something to say about that on the field.  But you can't deny that Josh over Tua was the difference in the game.

To me the big news was the NFL record comeback by the Vikings.  36 points in the second half after being down 33 to zip was unreal.  Then the end of overtime they were sure to settle for the tie until the moron Indy player who held down the runner drawing a foul, the only possible thing that could save the Vikings.  Saturday looks a lot more like the interim coach than next year's head coach.  The two times a head coach makes an oversized impact, going for it on fourth down and end of game time management have been a disaster for the Colts.

twitch54

« Reply #127 on: 18 Dec 2022, 07:58 pm »

I agree, Hurts is without question in the running. As for the Bills, I just don't have the warm fuzzy feeling, but then I go back to 1960 so I've lived through all the ups and downs !

zybar

• Facilitator
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #128 on: 19 Dec 2022, 01:15 pm »
How about those Giants!!

While I have no illusions about post season success...it will be nice to be there.

George

twitch54

« Reply #129 on: 1 Jan 2023, 10:21 pm »
Are the Eagles imploding ??   :scratch:

rodge827

« Reply #130 on: 1 Jan 2023, 11:05 pm »
Are the Eagles imploding ??   :scratch:

Nah just a QB issue. Minshew looked lost out there today dunno why he just played flat! The defense is still playing extremely well! Held the Saints to 13 points and shut them down in the second half. Hoping for a win next week and a positive report on Josh Sweat.

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #131 on: 2 Jan 2023, 12:18 am »
Good for the Giants.
What is wrong the Vikings?  They played like I used to.

jjss49

« Reply #132 on: 2 Jan 2023, 05:03 am »
dabol definitely coach of the year... winning with very very little talent

vikes will surely be one and done come playoff time...

eagles will go as far as jalen hurts will take em...

twitch54

« Reply #133 on: 2 Jan 2023, 06:40 pm »
Nah just a QB issue. Minshew looked lost out there today dunno why he just played flat! The defense is still playing extremely well! Held the Saints to 13 points and shut them down in the second half. Hoping for a win next week and a positive report on Josh Sweat.

well Eagles fans have been 'hoping' for a win the past two weeks ! Next week they will need more than hope !!

Niners, needed OT to be the Raiders, regardless they're a strong NFC contender

jjss49

« Reply #134 on: 2 Jan 2023, 09:22 pm »
the eagles offense is heavily based on creating problems for the opposing defenses with the major threat of jalen hurt running for yardage

minshew is a decent back up but he in no way represents the same threat as hurts, so defenses will zone up and rush with impunity... totally different deal

that said, giants have nothing to play for in this final game in terms of playoff standing, so will be interesting to see what transpires - eagles definitely suffering numerous key injuries at a very bad time in the season

rodge827

« Reply #135 on: 3 Jan 2023, 03:00 am »
Prayers going out for Damar Hamlin and his family!

Can somebody shut Suzy Kolber up!!

twitch54

« Reply #136 on: 3 Jan 2023, 01:52 pm »
Prayers going out for Damar Hamlin and his family!

Absolutely, as well as the Bills organization. If there's a more jinxed team in football I don't know which one it is .....

Can somebody shut Suzy Kolber up!!

i like her and given the situation of last nite I think there is no real written narrative or script that is perfect. I think all the 'talking heads' were in a state of shock.

twitch54

« Reply #137 on: 6 Jan 2023, 08:51 pm »
it's great to hear of Damar's progress   :thumb:

but does everyone understand the AFC playoff scenario ?   :scratch:

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #138 on: 7 Jan 2023, 02:15 am »
it's great to hear of Damar's progress   :thumb:

but does everyone understand the AFC playoff scenario ?   :scratch:

The league has made a mess of it.  Do they still have that coin flip neutral site bull crap?  They were right just cancelling the game, they should have left it at that.  They're changing the rules of football in the middle of the season.

FireGuy

« Reply #139 on: 7 Jan 2023, 02:19 am »
"The league has made a mess of it.  Do they still have that coin flip neutral site bull crap?  They were right just cancelling the game, they should have left it at that.  They're changing the rules of football in the middle of the season."

I wholly agree.   If the NFL is going on with the games (as they should) let's get the Bills/Bengals resumed pronto.  Then all else will fall into place as usual.  There's your solution...fair and easy.