Well Tempered Tone Arm With Upgraded Classic Arm Wand. SOLD

Mister Pig

• "when pigs fly"
    • Affordable Audio/Positive Feedback Online writer
One of the best bang for the buck arms out there, capable of supporting many high end cartridges. This is an original Well Tempered arm with the clean edge cup and the integrated arm rest and lock. Has the thumb wheel and articulated arms to provide adjustable anti skate, which the basic Well Tempered arms did not have. Also has an upgraded Classic arm wand with the one piece head shell which is far easier to set up than the single point mount design. I have used this arm with $4000 cartridges as well as $500 ones and have always gotten excellent performance out of any cartridge.
The silicone cup has been drained, so you will have to order a bottle of 100,000 CST silicone. I have ordered from online hobby shops and paid about $12 for a bottle with enough to fill the cup and then some.

Does not come with the two point protractor, but it can be downloaded at Vinyl Engine. As well as the Well Tempered manual. You will have to mount the post and scale from the bottom of the arm board and then the arm slips over the pillar and you can see the scale for setting VTA through the window. This is not an arm for an analog novice, but once you set one up you will appreciate the uniqueness of this design.

When I got this arm the cartridge clips were in fragile condition. I did have them all replaced with Cardas cartridge clips last year and they expand to slide over the cartridge pins so you dont have to pry them open or squeeze them closed to fit properly.

I have noticed a small bit of coating on the wire lead going to the RCA junction box. Not sure of its reason there, and there are no issues with signal going from cartridge clips to RCA. But it is there. So this is why I rate it a 7 instead of an 8.

I do have a custom box made to safely ship the arm. For the price you won't find a better performing arm. Oh and remember on a Well Tempered arm there is no cue device, but the silicone fluid makes the arm drops go in slow motion and as smooth as silk.

MSRP $1200
Sell  $400

« Last Edit: 24 Jun 2020, 04:27 pm by Mister Pig »