Product Inquiries

Herbie

• Industry Contributor
    • Herbie's Audio Lab
Re: Product Inquiries
« Reply #40 on: 16 Jan 2015, 07:34 pm »
Hi, Glenn. Tenderfoot isolation feet work superbly under Well Tempered Turntables and look very nice (nicer than the squash balls, imo). Here's a copy/paste about them from elsewhere on AudioCircle:

"Herbies Tall Soft Tenderfeet work as well if not better than the stock squash balls, without problems with the table maintaining level due to the unequal wear on the squash balls. I've also used Herbie's Turntable footers as well, but I actually think the Tenderfeet might be a touch better in my setup, which needs isolation from footfalls."--posted by watercourse on Jan 26, 2014.

I you wish to go a different aesthetic route, there's no need to develop a new product. Extra-Thick grungebuster Dots are featured on our website in 40mm diameter. X-Large Fat Dots and Giant Fat Dots are also available 40mm diameter (to order, just choose either one and mention in the "comments" section of the order form that you want 40mm diameter). Grungebuster Dots and Fat Dots can be stacked in any combination to achieve custom heights.

Steve
Herbie's Audio Lab

charleykahler

« Reply #41 on: 5 Feb 2016, 01:56 am »
I'm thinking of trying tenderfeet under my Emotiva XMC-1. Will 3 feet work or do I need 4? Thanks.

Herbie

• Industry Contributor
    • Herbie's Audio Lab
« Reply #42 on: 5 Feb 2016, 02:50 am »
Three Tenderfoot isolation feet would suffice, though four is recommended. With four, you have better lateral stability, more versatility with placement of the footers, more vibration-absorbing and vibration-blocking "beef" to do the job, and most importantly you'll usually get an audibly superior result.

Steve
Herbie's Audio Lab

dart6

« Reply #43 on: 15 Apr 2016, 11:52 pm »
Hi Steve my monos weigh 135lbs each sitting on a carpeted wooden floor. I may have access to 10 of the 1inch black balls with the clear iso cups. Would these be recommended and how would you configure it

Regards Brett

Herbie

• Industry Contributor
    • Herbie's Audio Lab
« Reply #44 on: 16 Apr 2016, 03:25 am »
Hi, Brett. Though somewhat over the conservatively recommended weight range of clear Iso-Cups, they would certainly be worth an audition. I would use five Iso-Cups/balls under each amp but not directly on the carpet. Best to use something for a platform under each amp or a single slab to accommodate both amps, with the platform(s) sitting directly on the carpet. Baltic birch plywood is excellent for a platform; also worth considering would be a maple block or polished granite slab. Iso-Cups would sit directly on the platform with the bottom of the amp chassis sitting directly on the black balls. Some experimentation with placement and configuration is recommended; for example, you might place three along the edge of a heavier side where the transformers are. Being free-standing, Iso-Cups are very versatile regarding placement. Should you happen to end up using other footers sometime, such as Extra-Firm Tenderfoot isolation feet instead of Iso-Cups, you would still want to employ the platform(s) with the same basic configuration.

Best regards,

Steve
Herbies Audio Lab

ACHiPo

« Reply #45 on: 24 Aug 2016, 03:41 am »
Steve,
I'm looking for 3-4 adjustable vibration isolation feet for a turntable I'm building.  What would you recommend?
AC

Herbie

• Industry Contributor
    • Herbie's Audio Lab
« Reply #46 on: 24 Aug 2016, 03:07 pm »
Using four Tenderfoot isolation feet works very well with turntable parameters-- if necessary for leveling, the feet can be re-positioned under the table a little this way or that to accomplish leveling. Or, though scarcely ever really needed, one or more Tenderfeet can be shimmed with Post-It Pad paper, thin cardboard or felt. Once level, they shouldn't need to be re-adjusted.

Tenderfoot isolation footer

Though designed more specifically for loudspeaker isolation, Herbie's fully-adjustable Threaded Stud Gliders also do very well with most turntables.

Threaded Stud Glider

Robert Herbelin
Herbie's Audio Lab
« Last Edit: 25 Aug 2016, 01:12 pm by Herbie »

ACHiPo

« Reply #47 on: 27 Aug 2016, 06:53 pm »
Using four Tenderfoot isolation feet works very well with turntable parameters-- if necessary for leveling, the feet can be re-positioned under the table a little this way or that to accomplish leveling. Or, though scarcely ever really needed, one or more Tenderfeet can be shimmed with Post-It Pad paper, thin cardboard or felt. Once level, they shouldn't need to be re-adjusted.

Tenderfoot isolation footer

Though designed more specifically for loudspeaker isolation, Herbie's fully-adjustable Threaded Stud Gliders also do very well with most turntables.

Threaded Stud Glider

Robert Herbelin
Herbie's Audio Lab
Thanks Robert.  I missed the speaker feet on your website.  They look like they'll fill the bill.

sgr

« Reply #48 on: 9 Nov 2016, 03:41 pm »
Best tube dampers that prevent microphonics.
I'm looking for tube dampers that will be best for Kron Px4, We101d, EML 45, 5u4g? Also footers perhaps.
Thanks,
Steven
« Last Edit: 9 Nov 2016, 09:13 pm by sgr »

Herbie

• Industry Contributor
    • Herbie's Audio Lab
« Reply #49 on: 10 Nov 2016, 12:26 am »
An UltraSonic Rx damping instrument on each tube should do very well and four Tenderfoot isolation feet underneath the amp.

Steve
Herbie's Audio Lab

ugene

« Reply #50 on: 22 Dec 2016, 04:46 am »
Hi, I am new and need an advice on speaker feet for sound isolation. I have a center speaker that weigh ~28lb which I'd like to isolate from the entertainment center. The speaker will be slightly angled up to the listener position so if I use flat isolation feet only a corner of each will really work. Is there a solution you'd recommend for my case?

Thank you very much in advance,
Eugene

sgr

« Reply #51 on: 25 Jan 2017, 07:20 am »
An UltraSonic Rx damping instrument on each tube should do very well and four Tenderfoot isolation feet underneath the amp.

Steve
Herbie's Audio Lab

What sizee would you recommend for KR PX4 and EML mesh plate 5u4g?

Herbie

• Industry Contributor
    • Herbie's Audio Lab
« Reply #52 on: 25 Jan 2017, 03:45 pm »
What sizee would you recommend for KR PX4 and EML mesh plate 5u4g?

For the PX4, a size 50 UltraSonic Rx damping instrument is appropriate. For the EML 5U4G-Mesh, size 65.

Robert
Herbie's Audio Lab

witchdoctor

« Reply #53 on: 29 Jan 2017, 01:12 am »
Hey Herbie, I am currently using a vibration control system from mapleshade which works great but is a little expensive. Your products seems competitively priced. What do your recommend for a Marantz 7702 processor and a Sony UHPH1 BR player? I am using a Sanus rack.

Herbie

• Industry Contributor
    • Herbie's Audio Lab
« Reply #54 on: 30 Jan 2017, 02:25 am »
Hey Herbie, I am currently using a vibration control system from mapleshade which works great but is a little expensive. Your products seems competitively priced. What do your recommend for a Marantz 7702 processor and a Sony UHPH1 BR player? I am using a Sanus rack.

I recommend four TenderSoft Tenderfoot isolation feet for each component, with the Tenderfoot isolation feet in direct contact with the components' chassis (not underneath the stock feet). A SuperSonic Stabilizer or two atop each component in conjunction with the Tenderfeet would be additionally beneficial to damp both lower and upper chassis vibrations.

Robert Herbelin
Herbie's Audio Lab

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #55 on: 30 Jan 2017, 02:33 am »
Robert Herbelin
Herbie's Audio Lab
OK, now I'm confused.  I thought your name was Steve even though everyone likes to call you Herbie.  Now Robert?  Are you running from the law?!?!   :lol:

jamesg11

« Reply #56 on: 30 Jan 2017, 05:36 am »
Hi Steve, Robert,

I'm soon adding a pair of Elac 4Pi Plus.2 'super tweeters' to my Elac 249BE floorstanders. They sit on top of the speakers & weigh 4kg each.

What is recommended as isolation for them? (I have the 'Ascendo C8 Special' isolation between the 249s & granite bases.)

Cheers,
Jim.

witchdoctor

« Reply #57 on: 30 Jan 2017, 01:28 pm »
I recommend four TenderSoft Tenderfoot isolation feet for each component, with the Tenderfoot isolation feet in direct contact with the components' chassis (not underneath the stock feet). A SuperSonic Stabilizer or two atop each component in conjunction with the Tenderfeet would be additionally beneficial to damp both lower and upper chassis vibrations.

Robert Herbelin
Herbie's Audio Lab

Perfect, thanks!

Herbie

• Industry Contributor
    • Herbie's Audio Lab
« Reply #58 on: 31 Jan 2017, 04:55 pm »
OK, now I'm confused.  I thought your name was Steve even though everyone likes to call you Herbie.  Now Robert?  Are you running from the law?!?!   :lol:

Steve, my father, retired earlier this year.

Hi Steve, Robert,

I'm soon adding a pair of Elac 4Pi Plus.2 'super tweeters' to my Elac 249BE floorstanders. They sit on top of the speakers & weigh 4kg each.

What is recommended as isolation for them? (I have the 'Ascendo C8 Special' isolation between the 249s & granite bases.)

Cheers,
Jim.

Hi, Jim. Fat Dots make an excellent isolation and decoupling interface for tweeters. For the Elac 4Pi Plus.2, I recommend using four Square Fat Dots.

Robert Herbelin
Herbie's Audio Lab

jeanhank

« Reply #59 on: 5 Apr 2017, 08:32 pm »
Hi Herbie,

I have a Dual 1229. I have determined that I need about 5mm between the platter and stylus to obtain the correct VTA. I have read that some people put a thinner Way Excellent mat on top of the stock rubber one instead of using the full-thickness Way Excellent. Can you comment on the relative advantages/disadvantages of doing it this way? Thanks!