first post and new owner

sierrarider

first post and new owner
« on: 3 Mar 2011, 02:24 pm »
I just ordered Songtower QWT's and a center speaker for my system.  I will be building the surrounds myself since I already have most of what I need.
I'm really looking forward to getting my new beauties in curly maple as well as building the rear speakers utilizing Dennis' CA0W1 design.
ANTICIPATION!  :green:

Nuance

Re: first post and new owner
« Reply #1 on: 4 Mar 2011, 03:19 am »
Very cool, congrats!  Welcome to the Salk family!

ratso

« Reply #2 on: 4 Mar 2011, 03:21 am »
yep you're going to be a happy camper. don't forget to let us know what you think after they arrive

:thumb:

Saturn94

« Reply #3 on: 4 Mar 2011, 03:23 am »
Congratulations! :D

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
« Reply #4 on: 4 Mar 2011, 02:49 pm »
I just ordered Songtower QWT's and a center speaker for my system.  I will be building the surrounds myself since I already have most of what I need.
I'm really looking forward to getting my new beauties in curly maple as well as building the rear speakers utilizing Dennis' CA0W1 design.
ANTICIPATION!  :green:

Hi   Welcome to the club.   If you haven't acauired the CA15 woofs for the CA0W1 yet, I do have a revised crossover using the ER15 that has replaced the CA15 in all of the relevant Salk speakers.  It's not a big deal, but if you haven't ordered yet you may as well use the latest design. 

adydula

• Restricted
« Reply #5 on: 4 Mar 2011, 03:02 pm »
Congrats!!

Welcome to the Salk family!!

Wonderful speakers, made by great people, here in the Good Ole USA!!

World Class!!

My Songs are 2 yrs old and going strong!!

All the best
Alex
 :D

martyo

« Reply #6 on: 4 Mar 2011, 05:42 pm »
Cool and welcome. :thumb: 8)

et+kooper

« Reply #7 on: 4 Mar 2011, 08:37 pm »
I have ordered the Song Tower QWT and Song Center in Black and have been waiting 3 weeks so they should be delivered in a couple more weeks.I also am having SALK make me a center ch. stand just like the Song Tower except cut down to botton half of the Song Tower.I think they will look great in front of my on wall PioneerPlasma.I have read great reviews for the Salk speakers  and hope to hear them soon!!!!

sierrarider

« Reply #8 on: 4 Mar 2011, 08:59 pm »
Thanks so much for the warm welcome and to Dennis. It is ironic that I bought a pair of used ER15RLY midwoofers last week. I have had the Hiquphon tweeters for about a month. I was hoping the crossover for my DIY project wasn't going to be the big compromise. All of the pieces really came together! I look forward to being a part of this family   :D

rlee8394

« Reply #9 on: 5 Mar 2011, 12:04 am »

Hi   Welcome to the club.   If you haven't acauired the CA15 woofs for the CA0W1 yet, I do have a revised crossover using the ER15 that has replaced the CA15 in all of the relevant Salk speakers.  It's not a big deal, but if you haven't ordered yet you may as well use the latest design.

Hey Dennis,

Are you going to post that EROW1 revised crossover on the MurphyBlaster site anytime soon?

Ron

mark funk

« Reply #10 on: 5 Mar 2011, 01:46 am »
Well Welcome guys!

:smoke:

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #11 on: 5 Mar 2011, 04:56 am »
Greetings and congrats !  :thumb: You'll find you have a whole 'new' old music library to become familiar with. And don't forget the obligatory delivery truck photos when they arrive.  8)

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
« Reply #12 on: 5 Mar 2011, 04:59 am »
Hey Dennis,

Are you going to post that EROW1 revised crossover on the MurphyBlaster site anytime soon?

Ron

Yup.   But if you want it now, just write me and I'll send it to you. 

et+kooper

« Reply #13 on: 5 Mar 2011, 10:30 am »
Thanks for the warm welcome.I can not wait to hear all my CD,SACD and DVD AUDIO discs on the new Song Towers and Song CENTER.My new Oppo 93 will be playing all my new BluRay discs and should go very well with the new speakers.I also have a Emotiva XPA-2 and XPA-5 and hope they sound great with the new speakers as they did with my old AERIAL SPEAKER system for Music and Movies. :thumb:

sierrarider

« Reply #14 on: 5 Mar 2011, 03:52 pm »
Hey ET+KOOPER,
I will also be driving my new speakers with a Oppo-93 and Emotiva amps. I've been on a buying binge lately :lol:

vermont99

« Reply #15 on: 5 Mar 2011, 07:26 pm »
Congrats, I know how you feel, just ordered HT3’s and a HTC this week. I’ll be joining you in the wait until they arrive. I’m also hoping that my Emo gear will sound great the Salks.  :D

et+kooper

« Reply #16 on: 6 Mar 2011, 12:42 am »
Hey ET+KOOPER,
I will also be driving my new speakers with a Oppo-93 and Emotiva amps. I've been on a buying binge lately :lol:
    What are your choice of speakers?

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #17 on: 6 Mar 2011, 03:30 am »
I am sure you will be happy (very happy) with your new investment as well as impressed with the fit and finish. Jim has some of the most beautiful finishes on loudspeakers I have seen for the money. Be sure to post some pictures when you get a chance.

sierrarider

« Reply #18 on: 6 Mar 2011, 05:14 am »
My journey to find new home theater speakers began with the quest of finding great stereo speakers. My new electronics necessitated a graduation from my Energy surround system. I originally had my heart set on Magnepan 1.7's. Although they are magnificent speakers, I don't have a dedicated listening room for proper placement and I also thought the sweet spot was too small when I auditioned a pair. The change in sound was dramatic when standing up or moving off to the side.

The excellent dispersion smaller woofers and of the Hiquphon tweeters is what I'm seeking. The fact that Jim makes them so beautiful is a bonus. I will be proud to show off these babies! They will look more impressive then the Maggies IMO, even without the novelty of them being flat. I wish I had the funds to spring for custom veneers. Something like babinga, rosewood, or cocobolo would have been sweet. There's always next time!

Vermont99, make sure we see the pics!

martyo

« Reply #19 on: 6 Mar 2011, 09:58 am »
I wish I had the funds to spring for custom veneers. Something like babinga, rosewood, or cocobolo would have been sweet.
My brother has HT2's in curly maple, they're beautiful, I'm sure you'll be very satisified.  8)