Two woofers in the same bass cabinet are in phase with each other ?

gogg

Hello guys!

I soldered the internal wires to the drivers but  started to wonder what if I made mistake and screwed  the phases/polarity.

I did the test with 1.5 V battery positive pole to the positive speaker connector and all drivers (except the tweeter offcourse) goes out a little bit, not in.

Would any one of you 938 owners be so kind to do this test and report it here?
Especially: are the two woofers in the same bass cabinet in phase with each other ?

Thank you!

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Hello guys!

I soldered the internal wires to the drivers but  started to wonder what if I made mistake and screwed  the phases/polarity.

I did the test with 1.5 V battery positive pole to the positive speaker connector and all drivers (except the tweeter offcourse) goes out a little bit, not in.

Would any one of you 938 owners be so kind to do this test and report it here?
Especially: are the two woofers in the same bass cabinet in phase with each other ?

Thank you!
I dont own this speaker but If one of the woofers is out of phase the sound will have little volume/SPL easy to detect.
« Last Edit: 2 Feb 2022, 01:43 am by FullRangeMan »

gogg

To answer my own question:
Yes they are!

Rusty Jefferson

Similar woofers in the same chamber would have to move the same direction from a positive battery charge on the +/red connector on the cabinet. Perhaps someone can confirm they (all) move out on the positive charge to +/red as some speakers are wired to pull in on a positive charge to +/red by design.