My HT2-TLs are on the Fedex truck for a Monday 7/20 delivery!

earthbound

:dance: Too bad my room isn't finished yet but I'm setting them up anyway! The absence of drywall on the walls and ceiling, but with insulation in 2 outside walls and ceiling gives the room a "quiet" sound as my wife refers to it. It actually makes my old speakers sound worse, probably because I'm hearing their true sound more clearly. Stay tuned for pics and impressions.

oneinthepipe

• Trainee
    • Salk Signature Sound/Audio by Van Alstine two-channel system
Don't forget the photo of the FedEx truck.   :D

Congratulations.

earthbound

Congratulations.

I told my wife that she'll have to take the pics while I supervise. :whip:

mathgeek97

I ordered the same speakers, but with a dark stain.  So, I really wanna see some good pics.  Maybe I'll print them full size at Kinko's and put them in my living room where my HT2-TLs are going...  Nah, guess I'm not THAT mean to my wife. :)
Congrats on reaching the end.  I'm only 6 weeks into the wait, and it's crazy!

-Kevin

vintagebob

Yes!  Way to go Earthbound.  I can't wait to see the pics.  Enjoy those bad boys!

bahorn1

It's an exciting time Earthbound!  You are going to beat me by 3 days.  Looking forward to your pics.

--Doug

rahimlee54

:dance: Too bad my room isn't finished yet but I'm setting them up anyway! The absence of drywall on the walls and ceiling, but with insulation in 2 outside walls and ceiling gives the room a "quiet" sound as my wife refers to it. It actually makes my old speakers sound worse, probably because I'm hearing their true sound more clearly. Stay tuned for pics and impressions.

I am sure your room will be delayed even more once you set up the speakers :)  enjoy.

TJHUB

Congratulations.

A BIG +1 to that!!  :lol: :lol: :lol:

oneinthepipe

• Trainee

Congratulations.

I told my wife that she'll have to take the pics while I supervise. :whip:

Maybe you can convince your wife to pose with the driver and with your speakers.  That will certainly be more familial than a fleeting pic of the truck.

Nuance

All right!  Congratulations! 

Wow, this is going to be a good week for some future Salk owners.  I can't wait to see pics and get impressions!  Woohoo!

Nuance

Re: My HT2-TLs are on the Fedex truck for a Monday 7/20 delivery!
« Reply #10 on: 20 Jul 2009, 07:56 pm »
So how about them speakers?  Did they arrive yet?  Did they, did they?  Huh huh?  :D

mchuckp

« Reply #11 on: 20 Jul 2009, 08:06 pm »
Congrats earthbound. Dying to see the pix!!!

I'm on day 43 of my wait for STRTs. Jim says he is waiting on some aluminum baffles that are expected any day and will finish mine up.  Hopefully I will be joining the club very soon. For now, I will remain jeolous of you all. ;)

earthbound

« Reply #12 on: 20 Jul 2009, 09:06 pm »
So how about them speakers?  Did they arrive yet?  Did they, did they?  Huh huh?  :D

YES . . . YES . . . YES!!!!  OMG!
Oh, the sound . . . the sound!! . . . OMG!!!!!!  YES!  YES!  :angel:
Whew, can't talk . . . no pics yet . . . busy listening . . . later

vintagebob

« Reply #13 on: 20 Jul 2009, 09:27 pm »
Alright!   :thumb:

Wait a minute, does that make the wait better or worse?!  :?

Srgtfury

« Reply #14 on: 20 Jul 2009, 10:16 pm »

Oh, the sound . . . the sound!! . . . OMG!!!!!!  YES!  YES!  :angel:
Whew, can't talk . . . no pics yet . . . busy listening . . . later

SO much for the wife's comments...what do you think?

Thank you very much

Fury

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #15 on: 20 Jul 2009, 10:21 pm »
You guys crack me up...enjoy the new speakers.

If you like them out of the box, wait till you actually spend the time to properly set them up and dial them in.

George

oneinthepipe

• Trainee
« Reply #16 on: 20 Jul 2009, 11:24 pm »
I coined a new phrase, and if the phrase is well-liked, I want the credit.  If the phrase is not well-liked, someone else can take credit.  :D   I obtained the basis for the phrase from wikipedia.  :o

Audio Eroticism:

Audio Eroticism is an aesthetic focus on the audio experience, especially the feelings of anticipation of pleasurable listening.  It is not only the state of anticipation and satisfaction, but also the attempt through various means to incite those feelings of anticipation and satisfaction.

Audio Climax:

See below.

Oh, the sound . . . the sound!! . . . OMG!!!!!!  YES!  YES!  :inlove:
Whew, can't talk . . .
quote edited

rahimlee54

« Reply #17 on: 21 Jul 2009, 12:20 am »
I coined a new phrase, and if the phrase is well-liked, I want the credit.  If the phrase is not well-liked, someone else can take credit.  :D   I obtained the basis for the phrase from wikipedia.  :o

Audio Eroticism:

Audio Eroticism is an aesthetic focus on the audio experience, especially the feelings of anticipation of pleasurable listening.  It is not only the state of anticipation and satisfaction, but also the attempt through various means to incite those feelings of anticipation and satisfaction.

Audio Climax:

See below.

Oh, the sound . . . the sound!! . . . OMG!!!!!!  YES!  YES!  :inlove:
Whew, can't talk . . .
quote edited

Awesome!!!  :lol:

funkmonkey

« Reply #18 on: 21 Jul 2009, 12:27 am »
Congrats earthbound...  looks like they arrived safely.  :D  when you can pry yourself away from your speakers for a second, pick up your camera and snap a couple of shots for us already!

mchuckp

« Reply #19 on: 21 Jul 2009, 12:43 am »
Congrats earthbound...  looks like they arrived safely.  :D  when you can pry yourself away from your speakers for a second, pick up your camera and snap a couple of shots for us already!

I dealt with the same thing as my friend when he got his STs recently. I thought I was going to be bombarded with pictures and praises. But instead, he disappeared from the face of the earth for days. At first I thought maybe it was because he was disappointed. Nope, the obsession hit him and couldn't stop listening enough to communicate with the outside world.

I keep thinking getting Salks will snap me back into reality and stop my obsession. Is it really just the beginning?  Man, I'm in trouble. ;)

if we don't hear from Earthbound in a few days, someone should bring him some food and water.