New Rethm 1.5

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
Re: New Rethm 1.5
« Reply #20 on: 23 Jan 2018, 07:57 pm »
Well after a loooooooooong break-in period [ 1000 hours] the Saadhanas are ready for prime time. Never have I owned a speaker as see through with weight as these. Pure bliss with Qualiton A20i and Inspire EL84SET/Qualiton APR 204 preamp.
If ya think the 1.5 is good you gotta hear the Saadhanas, oh my !

charles

beowulf

« Reply #21 on: 29 Jan 2018, 09:09 am »
Well after a loooooooooong break-in period [ 1000 hours] the Saadhanas are ready for prime time. Never have I owned a speaker as see through with weight as these. Pure bliss with Qualiton A20i and Inspire EL84SET/Qualiton APR 204 preamp.
If ya think the 1.5 is good you gotta hear the Saadhanas, oh my !

charles

Thanks for checking in and I appreciate your feedback on them!  I think if it is within a person's means I would skip the 1.5 and try to get into one of the upper level models.

KLH007

« Reply #22 on: 29 Jan 2018, 03:08 pm »
The speaker being referred to here as the 1.5, is actually the final production model of the Bhaava which will be found on the Rethm website. I'm hoping to have a pair in for review soon.

Flyin_V

« Reply #23 on: 30 Jan 2018, 03:06 am »
The current price of the Bhaava is $3750+ shipping. Quite a jump from the $2900 listed in the 6Moons review.

beowulf

« Reply #24 on: 31 Jan 2018, 12:03 am »
The speaker being referred to here as the 1.5, is actually the final production model of the Bhaava which will be found on the Rethm website. I'm hoping to have a pair in for review soon.

That sounds cool, please report back once you get your review done!  Out of all the Rethm speakers I think I like the looks of this best.

There was a recent short review on Stereophile's New York Audio Show 2017 coverage (YouTube channel) with John A., Herb R. and one of the artists Sasha Matson that John produced an album of.  They played the music that the Sasha and John recorded (so they were basically listening to their own recording).  They were sitiing off axis and in a hotel room ... so taken with a grain of salt, but both felt there was no top octave energy and there was a little coloration/thickness going on in the lower mids.  Sasha said they were interesting though and would have liked to explore them further.

beowulf

« Reply #25 on: 31 Jan 2018, 12:05 am »
The current price of the Bhaava is $3750+ shipping. Quite a jump from the $2900 listed in the 6Moons review.

Yes, that's a significant jump from the original price, perhaps they were being too aggressive with their pricing and had to take a step back and rethink it.

KLH007

« Reply #26 on: 31 Jan 2018, 02:38 am »
I talked with the US Distributor, Mark Sossa, and he said the Bhaava is indeed $3750/pr plus freight, 95 dB sensitivity, 7" driver massaged in-house, and the cabinet got more bracing for the final production version which debuted at 2017 CAF. The system at CAF with Bhaavas, Qualiton, AQUA and Inuous had the best soundstage in any of the small rooms with the speakers 100% disappearing, depth behind the front wall, sound wider than the Bhaavas, harmonic rightness and vocals that were stunning, great room.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #27 on: 7 Feb 2018, 07:14 pm »
I talked with the US Distributor, Mark Sossa, and he said the Bhaava is indeed $3750/pr plus freight, 95 dB sensitivity, 7" driver massaged in-house, and the cabinet got more bracing for the final production version which debuted at 2017 CAF. The system at CAF with Bhaavas, Qualiton, AQUA and Inuous had the best soundstage in any of the small rooms with the speakers 100% disappearing, depth behind the front wall, sound wider than the Bhaavas, harmonic rightness and vocals that were stunning, great room.

The $2900 pricing was to introduce the product. Still well worth the entry price.

charles