A great thing about my BDP-pi!

Calypte

A great thing about my BDP-pi!
« on: 20 Jul 2019, 10:28 pm »
I broke my right tibia and fibula on Jul 2.  I have to use a walker to get around.  It could be months before I'm fully operational.  Playing LPs is pretty much a thing of the past.  With the BDP-pi and attached DAC (alas, not a Bryston DAC), I can access almost all of my record and CD collection from the comfort of my recliner chair.  Suddenly, all of that earlier work I did of "ripping" my collection to hard disk doesn't seem so silly anymore.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: A great thing about my BDP-pi!
« Reply #1 on: 21 Jul 2019, 10:12 am »
I broke my right tibia and fibula on Jul 2.  I have to use a walker to get around.  It could be months before I'm fully operational.  Playing LPs is pretty much a thing of the past.  With the BDP-pi and attached DAC (alas, not a Bryston DAC), I can access almost all of my record and CD collection from the comfort of my recliner chair.  Suddenly, all of that earlier work I did of "ripping" my collection to hard disk doesn't seem so silly anymore.

:singing:

zoom25

« Reply #2 on: 21 Jul 2019, 09:11 pm »
Ouch! Hope you have a quick recovery.

You can also give radio streams a try when you're in the mood for some new stuff.

gbaby

« Reply #3 on: 31 Jul 2019, 02:39 pm »
... Playing LPs is pretty much a thing of the past....

Sad, but true. The differences in the sound of analog are simply not worth the headache. In fact, I have determined that analog sounds different from a digital setup, but not necessarily better.  :o I hope you are not using iTunes to import your digital music. Its best to use dbpoweramp.

sfraser

« Reply #4 on: 31 Jul 2019, 06:48 pm »
Most importantly get well soon!