Best Tube Line Stage Schematic for use with TVC

Chas

Best Tube Line Stage Schematic for use with TVC
« on: 29 Sep 2006, 03:41 am »
Hi Gents,

Could anyone steer me to a fabulous tube line stage which I could build for use with my TVC?  Just need the all important schematic with any suggestions for fine tuning for use with my TX-102s.  My tube amp doesn't have quite enough gain methinks and the sound is too upfront and I've heard tube preamps which seem to magically restore soundstage depth.  Simple is fine, but I am looking for a good go at state of the art.  Any recommendations MOST welcome.

With sincere thanks,

Chas   aa

tommg

Re: Best Tube Line Stage Schematic for use with TVC
« Reply #1 on: 29 Sep 2006, 10:17 pm »
Chas,
 Consider Dave Davenport's Raleigh active stage I posted below with links.
Tom

Chas

« Reply #2 on: 29 Sep 2006, 11:40 pm »
Thanks Tom.  I'm checking it out right now and it uses the 6N1P Russian dual triodes.  Interestingly, I was rather hoping the tube used for amplification would be either the 6N1P or 6N2P as I just happen to have some marvelous specimens of each, cryogenically treated.  My 1974 6N2P-EV tubes have bested my Siemens CCa A-frames and my previous favorite Lorenz 6922 gold-pins!  Marvellous tubes and they will save me a small bundle over finding fancy NOS 12AU7s or the like needed with other top preamp designs.  And this is available in a kit to boot!
This is a serious contender.   :thumb:

tommg

« Reply #3 on: 30 Sep 2006, 05:37 am »
Chas,
John has heard this and you can read a review of the Raleigh at Audio Asylum.
Tom