Empirical and Vapor at RMAF 2013

audioengr

« on: 30 Sep 2013, 06:01 pm »
We are partnering again with Vapor Audio and this time we will have Antipodes Audio server in the exhibit.  Show is Oct 10-13.

The location is Hyatt hotel (not Mariott) Mesa Verde room.  The Hyatt is close by and there is a shuttle too.

Vapor Audio will debut their Nimbus White speakers, and their new custom tube monoblocks, the IONs.

Empirical Audio will debut the Dynamo power supply for the Off-Ramp and Synchro-Mesh.

The system will be:

Antipodes server
USB cable
Empirical Off-Ramp 5, Turboclock, OTL powered by Dynamo
Empirical BNC-BNC cable
Empirical Overdrive SE DAC, loaded
Empirical Audio Final Drives
Vapor Audio ION Tube Monoblocks
Vapor Audio Nimbus White speakers

Analog cables will be Antipodes

See you there!!

Steve N.
« Last Edit: 8 May 2014, 01:53 am by audioengr »

DaveBSC

Re: Empirical and Vapor at RMAF 2013
« Reply #1 on: 30 Sep 2013, 07:33 pm »
Sounds like it will be a great setup. Can you talk a bit about the Dynamo?

TF1216

• Industry Participant
« Reply #2 on: 30 Sep 2013, 08:19 pm »
Winner ,winner chicken dinner!  :thumb:

jhm731

« Reply #3 on: 30 Sep 2013, 09:13 pm »
"Vapor Audio Tube Monoblocks"

Vapor Audio is now building tube amps?

audioengr

« Reply #4 on: 1 Oct 2013, 01:49 am »
Sounds like it will be a great setup. Can you talk a bit about the Dynamo?

It is a Hynes-based 12VDC power supply for the OR5 and SM.  You can get probably 4 amps from it.  It is 115VAC or 230VAC, selectable.  Very fast regulation.  Comes with my Teflon-insulated umbilical.  Makes a nice improvement for either OR or SM.  It could also be used with the older Substation to power the digital section of the Overdrive.

Steve N.

audioengr

« Reply #5 on: 1 Oct 2013, 01:52 am »
"Vapor Audio Tube Monoblocks"

Vapor Audio is now building tube amps?

It is an import device that we have modified a bit and they will put their name on.  It is based on the Arte-Forma 805 amps, but more high-end.  I own the first pair and they will go with my new Nimbus White speakers.

Steve N.

DaveBSC

« Reply #6 on: 1 Oct 2013, 03:49 am »
It is a Hynes-based 12VDC power supply for the OR5 and SM.  You can get probably 4 amps from it.  It is 115VAC or 230VAC, selectable.  Very fast regulation.  Comes with my Teflon-insulated umbilical.  Makes a nice improvement for either OR or SM.  It could also be used with the older Substation to power the digital section of the Overdrive.

Steve N.

Any chance you'd offer it in other voltages and pin configurations?

audioengr

« Reply #7 on: 1 Oct 2013, 06:04 pm »
Any chance you'd offer it in other voltages and pin configurations?

Possible, but not on the website.  I don't know exactly what range it has yet.  The cable can certainly be customized.

What were you looking for?

I probably will direct you to buy it from Hynes if it is not standard for my products.

Steve N.
« Last Edit: 2 Oct 2013, 05:57 pm by audioengr »

Normanyang

• Industry Participant
« Reply #8 on: 1 Oct 2013, 06:36 pm »
It is an import device that we have modified a bit and they will put their name on.  It is based on the Arte-Forma 805 amps, but more high-end.  I own the first pair and they will go with my new Nimbus White speakers.

Steve N.
Sorry to correct your information, Our flag ship power amplifier - Due Votle, will have Arte Forma name on them only. We will not put any other name or brand on our amplifier.

audioengr

« Reply #9 on: 1 Oct 2013, 08:34 pm »
Sorry to correct your information, Our flag ship power amplifier - Due Votle, will have Arte Forma name on them only. We will not put any other name or brand on our amplifier.

Okay.  I was told incorrectly then.  I just like the amps.

Steve N.

DaveBSC

« Reply #10 on: 2 Oct 2013, 03:57 am »
Possible, but not on the website.  I don't know exactly what range it has yet.  The cable can certainly be customized.

What were you looking for?

Steve N.

Power supply for the upcoming JCAT USB card, which is likely to be a real SoTM killer. The card is 5V and uses a 2.1/5 mm pin. They haven't confirmed what the amp requirement will be yet, but I would guess 3A or less.

jhm731

« Reply #11 on: 2 Oct 2013, 05:57 am »
What do the Due Votle amps cost?

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #13 on: 17 Oct 2013, 05:53 pm »
What do the Due Votle amps cost?
Only $6,500

andrewd01

« Reply #14 on: 22 Oct 2013, 08:07 pm »
Steve, I am interested in learning more about the Antipodes server. How do you think it compares to your 2009 mac mini with Amarra and Hynes SR-5 power supply? Does the Antipodes software allow for any parametric EQ?

audioengr

« Reply #15 on: 23 Oct 2013, 12:00 am »
Steve, I am interested in learning more about the Antipodes server. How do you think it compares to your 2009 mac mini with Amarra and Hynes SR-5 power supply? Does the Antipodes software allow for any parametric EQ?

I think his new server with improved power supply is on-par with the Mini.  The bonus is that I believe FLAC files sound as good as wav files.  Not so on the Mini running Amarra. Their website does not show the new server from what I can see.

I don't know about the EQ. 

Try contacting them:

http://www.antipodesaudio.com/contact_antipodes_audio.php

Steve N.