Bookshelf-Sized CBT array - Constant Directivity through 5,000hz

HookAudio

• Industry Participant
Hi,

My name is Vadim Gordin. I've started a new speaker company called Hook Audio based in Brooklyn, New York. With the help of Don Keele (formerly of Klipsch, Harman, JBL, Electrovoice, and Crown Amp), I've designed a bookshelf-sized open baffle CBT array called the H1 with constant directivity through 5,000hz as well as the detail retrieval and dynamics that line arrays are known for. I've attached photos and measurements to this post. More available at www.hookaudio.co. Cost for the speakers is $925 per pair.

Happy to answer any questions.

Thanks!

-Vadim

[Edit 2/3:

Per NoDisco's very reasonable request below, I've added a risk free 60 day in-home audition to our policies.

Most people have never experienced the clarity and dynamics of music played on a CBT array, and I'm confident that the experience is one that they won't want to go back from. ]

« Last Edit: 3 Feb 2021, 12:44 pm by HookAudio »

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
After looking at your linked website, it seems you are quite familiar with Audio Science Review, as such I expect you will forwarding a pair for full measurements. It’s only fair since you used their KEF LS50 measurements as a comparison.

Oh, don’t goose up the vertical scaling please! 120 dB scaling makes any speaker look smooth and the same goes for overly aggressive smoothing in the horizontal plane. Let’s leave it at 1/10dB per octave. Your measurements as posted are somewhat useless.

I am assuming subs are a natural requirement given that the speaker is bandwidth limited in the low end (<150Hz appears dramatically less SPL than 300Hz on up).  Unless it’s meant to be a computer speaker or small desktop speaker with limited (<90dB SPL) requirements.

All the best,
Anand.

HookAudio

• Industry Participant
Yup. Amir and I have been in touch and he has an H1 on the way, although he has a considerable review backlog, so I have no idea when it will be up. He asked for only one, per her preference for critical listening being done in mono.

Yes, sub is required for best effect.

HookAudio

• Industry Participant
The grid / scale is how OmniMic layed it out. Where would you like the gridlines placed? Happy to redraw.

Woodsage

• My YouTube Channel
Being an enthusiast for both OB and line arrays it looks like a very cool concept. I use active bass even with my OB’s that have good output down to around 70 Hz so I don’t see using bass augmentation as a major hurdle.

Good luck with your endeavor!

For the David Lynch / Dennis Hopper fans:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=snhiofL2Rh4

Sorry, couldn’t resist!

Mike

NoDisco

Needs a demo pair. No reviews as of yet and no returns.

Meicheng

How bout a tour for AC members?

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Yup. Amir and I have been in touch and he has an H1 on the way, although he has a considerable review backlog, so I have no idea when it will be up. He asked for only one, per her preference for critical listening being done in mono.

Yes, sub is required for best effect.
Good thing there is more than one NFS in the USA.   :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQvXbJJln-s

HookAudio

• Industry Participant
@nodisco, you're absolutely right.

Per your request, I've added a risk free 60 day in-home audition to our policies.

Most people have never experienced the clarity and dynamics of music played on a CBT array, and I'm confident that the experience is one that they won't want to go back from.