Fallen Enclosures

Outofthewoods

• Industry Participant
  • Fallen Enclosures, Inc. Crafted with Passion
Fallen Enclosures
« on: 19 Feb 2014, 05:40 pm »
Hello Everyone,

While many long time members know who I am and what I do, JohnR has asked that I formally introduce myself here.

I've been an industry participant here for 4 years now. (Can't believe it has actually been that long! :o) I build speakers/speaker enclosures from and for kits.

While I'm working toward running my own circle in the not too distant future, you can usually find me hanging out in the GR Research circle.

If you have a speaker/subwoofer project in mind please shoot me an email, or PM. My email address is listed in my profile.

Thanks!

Ruben

« Last Edit: 24 Feb 2014, 03:13 pm by Outofthewoods »

IronForge

Re: Fallen Enclosures
« Reply #1 on: 24 Feb 2014, 05:24 am »
Welcome Ruben.  I have seen some posts of your work, very nice and professional looking.

Captainhemo

« Reply #2 on: 24 Feb 2014, 06:48 am »
Hope it's ok to post this  here Ruben,  showing off some of your work is a good introduction  :)
http://burbey.smugmug.com/Electronics/Fallen-Enclosures

-jay

Guy 13

« Reply #3 on: 24 Feb 2014, 10:50 am »
Hi all.
After looking at all the pictures of the super nice enclosures that Ruben made,
I am speachless.
Really a great artist in his field.
We need more artist like him, but if he is alone, that's O.K.
Keep up the good work.

Guy 13

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #4 on: 24 Feb 2014, 02:08 pm »
Now those are beautiful enclosures!

Outofthewoods

• Industry Participant
« Reply #5 on: 24 Feb 2014, 02:52 pm »
Thanks fellas!

Ruben

mgalusha

« Reply #6 on: 24 Feb 2014, 04:00 pm »
I've had Ruben do two projects for me, the first was a set of three subs, those are part of his gallery. The second was to make my baltic birch plywood cabinets look nice. Absolutely delighted with both.

Before:

After:

The pictures don't come close to doing them justice, they are so glossy it's hard to get a good shot, at least with my lack of photographic skill.

R_burke

« Reply #7 on: 24 Feb 2014, 06:21 pm »
Do you have a website, or plans for one in the future?

jimdgoulding

« Reply #8 on: 24 Feb 2014, 06:31 pm »
I think I can feel the experience of listening in Mike's room right in the ole solar plexus.

Beautiful work, Rueben.  We, I, anyways, had forgotten about you.   

Keep on truckin!

Outofthewoods

• Industry Participant
« Reply #9 on: 24 Feb 2014, 07:19 pm »
Do you have a website, or plans for one in the future?

I do not have one yet, but I'll have something very basic put together within the next couple of weeks.

Ruben

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #10 on: 25 Feb 2014, 07:57 pm »
Rubin,

So glad I put my super modified Super V order in, as soon as more AC members find out who you are it's going to be a long wait.

Your work is second to none Ruben, can't wait for my work of art. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

gab

« Reply #11 on: 25 Feb 2014, 08:37 pm »
Rubin,

So glad I put my super modified Super V order in, as soon as more AC members find out who you are it's going to be a long wait.

Your work is second to none Ruben, can't wait for my work of art. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Gregfisk - can you please tell us more about your super modified Super V?

gab

R_burke

« Reply #12 on: 25 Feb 2014, 10:47 pm »
I do not have one yet, but I'll have something very basic put together within the next couple of weeks.

Ruben

Excellent, I've admired your work that I've seen on other circles

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #13 on: 26 Feb 2014, 04:19 pm »

Gregfisk - can you please tell us more about your super modified Super V?

gab

Sure gab,

I was kidding around a bit with the super part,  I'm modifying the shape of the Super V to look a lot like the Super 7. I never really liked the standard shape of the Super V and was always planning on changing it. Then the Super 7 came out and I liked that shape a lot and better than anything I had come up with. Ruben is going to work his magic on the side panels and make the front grills to match and then cut out the rest as a flat pack for me to finish. I'm also going to change stands or what I call the feet as they always reminded me of a penguin, but haven't finaled that yet. I'll post pictures on the GR Research circle when I get them finished, maybe Ruben will post pictures of the sides when he's done.

Greg

bladesmith

• water quenching steel since 2001....
    • palmer knives
« Reply #14 on: 26 Feb 2014, 04:40 pm »
Mgalusha,

Do you have some info/specs on those, they look sweet.?

Bladesmith

I've had Ruben do two projects for me, the first was a set of three subs, those are part of his gallery. The second was to make my baltic birch plywood cabinets look nice. Absolutely delighted with both.

Before:

After:

The pictures don't come close to doing them justice, they are so glossy it's hard to get a good shot, at least with my lack of photographic skill.

mgalusha

« Reply #15 on: 26 Feb 2014, 06:16 pm »
Do you have some info/specs on those, they look sweet.?

Bladesmith

They are my own creations, based in part on the Pi Speakers 4pi. PM me if you want more info, I don't want to mess up Ruben's thread, I only posted them to show how nice his work is. :)

Captainhemo

« Reply #16 on: 26 Feb 2014, 06:25 pm »
Sure gab,

I was kidding around a bit with the super part,  I'm modifying the shape of the Super V to look a lot like the Super 7. I never really liked the standard shape of the Super V and was always planning on changing it. Then the Super 7 came out and I liked that shape a lot and better than anything I had come up with. Ruben is going to work his magic on the side panels and make the front grills to match and then cut out the rest as a flat pack for me to finish. I'm also going to change stands or what I call the feet as they always reminded me of a penguin, but haven't finaled that yet. I'll post pictures on the GR Research circle when I get them finished, maybe Ruben will post pictures of the sides when he's done.

Greg

Sounds cool Greg, looking foreard to seeing pics as well  The Super7's do look awesome,  you picked a good design to  go after   :thumb:

-jay

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #17 on: 26 Feb 2014, 06:40 pm »
Sounds cool Greg, looking forward to seeing pics as well  The Super7's do look awesome,  you picked a good design to  go after   :thumb:

-jay

Thanks Jay,

I really wanted to build the whole speakers myself like you did, but I just don't have the time in my life right now. Ruben does such amazing work that even as picky as I am no way could I match his finished product. The front baffle will look like the Super 7 but the side wings at the top will need to stay the same as the Super V for baffle step loss compensation. Then as they move down the side they will take on the shape of the Super 7. Ruben will also make the grills the same as the Super 7 which look really good to me. I normally don't like grills but these OB speakers don't look that great without them. If Ruben gets his circle up and running I'll post pictures of the build or I can put them on Danny's circle.

Greg

R_burke

« Reply #18 on: 28 Mar 2014, 01:03 pm »
Any news/updates on a website for us to drool over