Apple TV: An unexpected error occurred. Dismiss

skunark

Apple TV: An unexpected error occurred. Dismiss
« on: 7 Jul 2018, 01:26 am »
This error message reminds me of an infamous soup nazi episode from Seinfeld, and I do feel like Apple just said "No soup for you! NEXT!"   I've been on the horn with Apple Support for about two hours after a few disconnects and a few transfers I've learned that tv shows, movies and music can be repopulated without notice resulting in the inability to stream that show.   The only way to stream it to a tv from this point on is from a local file via iTunes or repurchase the show.   The cost of storing terabytes of data far exceeds the cost to stream these shows.

REDOWNLOADS
You may be able to redownload previously acquired Content (“Redownload”) to your devices that are signed in with the same Apple ID (“Associated Devices”). You can see Content types available for Redownload in your Home Country at https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204632. Content may not be available for Redownload if that Content is no longer offered on our Services.

The thing is the show is still there and available for purchase, which is even more baffling.   One show i purchased actually is listed as part of the purchase for the "new" second listing of the show.

So if you own Top Gear Season 7, 10 and 13 through iTunes, if you don't have them downloaded today, you better do so very soon.

Jim