Anyone tried Bybee's new crystal tweak with NC-400?

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Re: Anyone tried Bybee's new crystal tweak with NC-400?
« Reply #20 on: 15 Apr 2015, 02:47 am »
Also room treatment, Incredible!!
May be some people believes it.
You make no sense.  Please do not post in this thread unless you're speaking directly about the Bybees and have something to offer. 

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #21 on: 15 Apr 2015, 02:48 am »
You make no sense.  Please do not post in this thread unless you're speaking directly about the Bybees and have something to offer.
Double post in a similar thread sorry.

Julf

• Grumpy second cousin of Mark V Shaney
« Reply #22 on: 18 Apr 2015, 02:13 pm »
Jack and Bruno.  Thats funny.

Indeed. Either you believe in science, and go with Bruno, or you have Faith, and go with Jack. Anything else will lead to schizophrenia.

barrows

• Industry Participant
« Reply #23 on: 18 Apr 2015, 03:54 pm »
Indeed. Either you believe in science, and go with Bruno, or you have Faith, and go with Jack. Anything else will lead to schizophrenia.

Hahaha!  That is kind of funny.  Certainly RF damping is science, there is nothing based on faith in these devices, they use known and understood material qualities to damp RF fields.  In the case of a crystal, like quartz, the material will turn RF energy into resonance in the crystal.  I know Jack Bybee likes to obfuscate how his stuff really works by giving out details which are a bit mumbu jumbo, but the products actually do work.  Jack just does not like to talk in exact specifics, most likely to keep the exact operation to himself.
If you need to measure these devices, I would suggest using your cell phone, sandwich it between two of the Bybee crystal devices, and then see where your signal is at.  I have seen ERS paper demonstrated this way, and seen how signal strength is reduced.  Otherwise we need a copasetic RF engineer/audiophile who has a full RF lab at his disposal, anyone?
If one does not believe in crystals damping high frequency energy, I would suggest that other "magic" properties cannot work either. like transformers being able to pass current even though there is no wire signal path between their input and output.  Or capacitors allowing AC to pass through field generation...

To my mind, the real question to be answered about these devices is not if they do anything, I already accept that they do, but to what magnitude are they effective, is the difference audible, and is it significant, and in what application.  This is the reason I started the thread: to investigate whether these devices might make an improvement in sonics when placed above an NC-400 module.

Julf

• Grumpy second cousin of Mark V Shaney
« Reply #24 on: 18 Apr 2015, 08:08 pm »
Certainly RF damping is science

Yes. Agree so far.

there is nothing based on faith in these devices

Really?

I know Jack Bybee likes to obfuscate how his stuff really works by giving out details which are a bit mumbu jumbo

Right, that's where the science stops, and faith takes over.

It is not enough to show that crystals dampen RF - you also need to show that the effect is a) beneficial, and b) significant.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #25 on: 18 Apr 2015, 08:22 pm »
Use an E-M field monitor to measure the module RFI output and then put the material between the fixed antenna location and the module.  If the RFI changes significantly, this will help understand how it will help reduce RFI from device to device. 

Build a small faraday cage, put the module in it with an opening big enough to be covered by the device.  Measure the E-M field before and after using the device to compare the results.

People rent the E-M field monitors to do these types of measurements.  Depends on how seriously you want to know the answer.

*Scotty*

« Reply #26 on: 18 Apr 2015, 11:01 pm »
HAL do you know the bandwidth of these EM field monitors, (ie, are they able to respond to MHz frequencies or are they a sensitive to lower frequencies only.)?
Scotty

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #27 on: 18 Apr 2015, 11:26 pm »
They are usually very wideband devices with into the GHz range capabilities.  Depends on the antenna system used as to what part of the RF range is covered.

Test Equipment rental websites had them listed when I looked a long time ago.