Using AI to help make a choice (for fun)

Denton J

Using AI to help make a choice (for fun)
« on: 8 Dec 2023, 05:08 pm »
Just for fun, I asked Grok which is better between PS Audio Stellar Gold & the Denafrips Pontus. Although it said nice things about both, ultimately it gave the edge to the Stellar Gold despite the cost difference.   Amazingly, it used industry terms and read like a decent review.  I'm sure I could've narrowed the question and it would answer appropriately.   :lol:

Early B.

Re: Using AI to help make a choice (for fun)
« Reply #1 on: 8 Dec 2023, 05:23 pm »
Not surprising since PS Audio is notoriously good at marketing and the AI picked up on that. However, I'd place my bet on the Pontus over the $7,999 PS Audio DirectStream DAC.

Denton J

« Reply #2 on: 8 Dec 2023, 05:30 pm »
Not surprising since PS Audio is notoriously good at marketing and the AI picked up on that. However, I'd place my bet on the Pontus over the $7,999 PS Audio DirectStream DAC.

I tried picking two well known products.  I was curious how deep it would look into the differences.  I asked for a top ten best DACs under 10k but it produced a very generic answer. 

Digi-G

« Reply #3 on: 11 Dec 2023, 02:02 pm »
Interesting, maybe, but how much stock will you put into it?  AI isn't capable of actually listening to the units.

Also, you could ask people here, who HAVE heard both units, and not come to a consensus.

Denton J

« Reply #4 on: 11 Dec 2023, 04:45 pm »
Interesting, maybe, but how much stock will you put into it?  AI isn't capable of actually listening to the units.

Also, you could ask people here, who HAVE heard both units, and not come to a consensus.

I was curious if it would look at forums and tally the feedback in addition to self appointed reviewers.  I asked if it looked for information outside of twitter and it said it mostly looks into its own database and occasionally looks to outside sources.  It's still learning, lol.