NuPrime Support

guest95120

NuPrime Support
« on: 9 Feb 2018, 05:32 pm »
Has anyone had experience with the NuPrime HelpDesk? I have attempted to get a response / approval from them to send in my IDA-8 for several weeks now without any luck. I've entered tickets and contacted them by e-mail without success.
I have an IDA-8 unit that is now out of service and requires warranty service.
Any suggestions on how to get their attention?

Thanks - Tuza

Phil A

Re: NuPrime Support
« Reply #1 on: 9 Feb 2018, 06:15 pm »
Probably should post in the NuPrime Circle

envydd

« Reply #2 on: 9 Feb 2018, 06:29 pm »
have received good support from support@nuprimeaudio.com

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 9 Feb 2018, 06:33 pm »
have received good support from support@nuprimeaudio.com

That's good to hear.  I have an IDA-8 I use in the office system

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #4 on: 9 Feb 2018, 07:10 pm »
Tuza,

Sorry to learn of your difficulties. Are you certain the help desk is the correct department?

Michael

John Casler

« Reply #5 on: 9 Feb 2018, 09:16 pm »
If you filed a support ticket, then that should be all you need to do.

However, quite often your email program will deposit the responses into your Junk Mail File.

guest95120

« Reply #6 on: 10 Feb 2018, 06:21 pm »
Hi John - no, junk mail, spam, etc. is not the problem.

I've checked them all. I receive other confirmations and communications from NuPrime without issue. Have several addresses of theirs in my Contacts.
All I get from the help desk is radio silence. They say not to ship for help until they contact you - well, they have not responded, over two weeks on my original request (#19) entered on 30 January. I am unable to send in my unit for repair or examination.

I am concerned.

If the issue I am experience is "as designed" then I would appreciate some type of response. If not, NuPrime needs to step up.

Ball is in their court.

John Casler

« Reply #7 on: 12 Feb 2018, 08:16 pm »
Hi John - no, junk mail, spam, etc. is not the problem.

I've checked them all. I receive other confirmations and communications from NuPrime without issue. Have several addresses of theirs in my Contacts.
All I get from the help desk is radio silence. They say not to ship for help until they contact you - well, they have not responded, over two weeks on my original request (#19) entered on 30 January. I am unable to send in my unit for repair or examination.

I am concerned.

If the issue I am experience is "as designed" then I would appreciate some type of response. If not, NuPrime needs to step up.

Ball is in their court. Terry

That is not my area, but I will forward this to those in support.

rustydoglim

« Reply #8 on: 13 Feb 2018, 04:46 pm »
I am always on top of things if the issue is escalated to my attention.
When contacting support, please follow the process:
1. Register a help desk ticket at helpdesk.nuoem.com (there were on and off access problems in the past due to site and feature updates but I think it has stabilised now).
2. You should get a response within 24 hrs and if not, email support@nuprimeaudio.com WITH YOUR TICKET ID.
From time to time, we get people who emailed us and expect us to read their mind.
Please provide a detailed description of the problem and where you have purchased the item (oh, also where you are located, we can't assume that you are from USA).

In your specific case, we screwed up!  I will discipline our staff.
Someone is supposed to review the helpdesk tickets and then either follow up or escalate to management.
The new support staff asked for serial number which is already provided in the ticket field.  The ticket field also provided other information such as dealer name and where you are located.  So the staff should have instructed you to send the item.

There is another staff who is supposed to review the tickets every other day and follow up when tickets are not getting response. So both of them did not do their job. One of them could be terminated. I am very upset.
I will ensure that this problem doesn't happen again. Sorry.

guest95120

« Reply #9 on: 18 Feb 2018, 05:54 pm »
rustydoglim - thanks for looking at this and getting involved.
But, I am still waiting for a response from the HD with an OK to send the unit in.
On 13 February I received this note from the HD: "We already forward this to the engineers, will update the status here asap."

However, that was the last I heard from them. If they should have told me to send the unit in then why didn't they?
I am not confident in sending in the unit without approval or an RA # or whatever instructions a person receives when they send in a unit under warranty.
Can you please get someone to help and make a decision on this? Thanks.

guest95120

« Reply #10 on: 1 Mar 2018, 07:50 pm »
THE SAGA CONTINUES -
I go the OK from the Help Desk to ship my IDA-8 in for further inspection and sent it to the address given to me by NuPrime Help Desk.
First attempt to deliver was Wednesday @ 11 am. UPS reported the business as not open and rescheduled delivery for Thursday.

Second attempt today, UPS now reports the business has MOVED! UPS is trying to get a new address.

Pretty odd. I was given the address on 21 February by Help Desk. I shipped on 23 February.

You would think that if a move was planned they would have said something.

I'm trying very hard not to have bad thoughts.

rustydoglim

« Reply #11 on: 2 Mar 2018, 03:34 am »
If you are going to post your complain here, at least provide some details so that I can follow up with the distributor (Brand Uprise is the USA distributor). Info such as help desk ticket ID, the address that they gave you.

I think the office is opened from Monday to Thursday, and office hour from 10am to 8pm.
Therefore it is possible that your UPS deliver arrived just before someone shows up to open the office (he could be late to work.  So it is expected that the delivery was scheduled to Thursday.

rustydoglim

« Reply #12 on: 2 Mar 2018, 03:45 am »
I saw your ticket #24, support staff already informed you that their office open from 12pm to 8pm (I will update the office hr on the website) and UPS is the one who got confused and told you they moved.
By the way, the staff is now following up closely to the tickets. We told him to review tickets every day.

guest95120

« Reply #13 on: 2 Mar 2018, 04:04 am »
Well, this remains a problem.
I got the message about office hours this evening. Why was this not communicated BEFORE I shipped?
I spoke to UPS and UPS is not able to reschedule the driver's route to accommodate the office hours. They reach this area between 10:30 and 11 am - not 12 noon.
I don't think it's a good idea to have a ~$1K piece of equipment delivered without signature to make sure it's received. That would leave it open to theft. I can arrange for the unit to be held at UPS for pickup by someone from Brand Uprising but UPS said they cannot reorder their drivers route to accommodate these office hours.
These conditions, stated after the fact, make securing warranty service very difficult, if not impossible. Very disappointing.
I've asked Matthew to let me know what can be arranged - have someone come in before noon on Monday or have someone pick it up at UPS.
Very disappointed at this point in time.

rustydoglim

« Reply #14 on: 2 Mar 2018, 09:43 am »
Please arrange to ship to the office in the afternoon. Matthew is quite new and he needs more training, which he is receiving and improving now. It was my fault to have posted the wrong hours on the website.
Unfortunately we are not a large company with a lot of resource to have extended support hours.
The distributor has 12pm to 8pm office hour for certain reasons.  It is not uncommon for retailing business to have this type of office hour.

I am sorry you got caught in the middle of us transferring our service from Indiana to California, where the California office was just setting up, staff needs to be trained etc, etc. The usual pain of relocating operations.  I think it is starting to return to "normal".

left channel

• Everyone wants to date my avatar
« Reply #15 on: 2 Mar 2018, 04:51 pm »
I'm sorry to see you guys caught in this loop. UPS will not schedule a specific delivery time window. His only choice is to have it held at the UPS office for the rep to pick up or have it returned to him, unless the rep can make arrangements with neighbors and leave a sign on the door for the UPS driver.

guest95120

« Reply #16 on: 2 Mar 2018, 06:53 pm »
Thank you left channel - for reading my post and understanding the dilemma I attempted to communicate and restating the issue.

For a moment I thought I may not be stating the situation in a clear way.

FedEx will not guarantee a delivery time window either. This cannot be resolved without cooperation and a dose of customer care.

Phil A

« Reply #17 on: 2 Mar 2018, 07:41 pm »
Thank you left channel - for reading my post and understanding the dilemma I attempted to communicate and restating the issue.

For a moment I thought I may not be stating the situation in a clear way.

FedEx will not guarantee a delivery time window either. This cannot be resolved without cooperation and a dose of customer care.

Fedex will however allow one to drop ship to a local Fedex Office store for no fee.  I used to do that all the time if I had something coming and wasn't home to sign.  I believe UPS charges for that.

guest95120

« Reply #18 on: 2 Mar 2018, 08:26 pm »
Thanks for the suggestion, but UPS is already holding this unit for pickup at their site in the area (CA) and there are no offers to pick it up.
The unit was already shipped, per instructions, and in the hands of UPS.

If I were to send via FedEx I need to have the shipment returned to me (in Arizona) and re-ship via FedEx - another ~$45 plus return fees from UPS.
Not ideal with regard to time and money.

rustydoglim

« Reply #19 on: 3 Mar 2018, 03:36 pm »
I am not sure if the distributor office is able to do the pick up. You have to check with them. I suggest that you ask UPS to reschedule for delivery. By default they can try up to 3 times free of charge. Please don't just leave it there, otherwise you will spend unnecessary time and expense.