New Model .. Pan

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
    • http://www.daedalusaudio.com
Re: New Model .. Pan
« Reply #40 on: 14 Feb 2014, 05:01 am »
We will be adding two new models, both based on the Pan.
One will be a version of the Pan that is 32" tall, what you could call a compact floor standing system.
The other which we may call "Muse" will be the same height as the Athena with a rear port and sloping face (angled up). 
These should fill a couple of niches...  will post more info and pics when possible.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #41 on: 14 Feb 2014, 01:24 pm »
 :thumb:

Oh, good! I look forward to the new Pan-like speaker info/pics.

A fellow who lives not far from my home has offered to let me hear his Pans next month. I'm excited to hear them.

shahed

« Reply #42 on: 14 Feb 2014, 03:40 pm »
We will be adding two new models, both based on the Pan.
One will be a version of the Pan that is 32" tall, what you could call a compact floor standing system.
The other which we may call "Muse" will be the same height as the Athena with a rear port and sloping face (angled up). 
These should fill a couple of niches...  will post more info and pics when possible.

Please provide some more details. The timing couldn't be more right. I'm moving to a smaller space and my Ulysses have to find a new home. So new Daedalus models (which could be suitable for a smaller room) is really awesome news.  :D

Can you describe the difference/similarity between Muse vs Athena? Frequency response ? Pinpoint imaging or wider sweet spot? When will the start shipping and most importantly the price bucket for the new two models?

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
« Reply #43 on: 15 Feb 2014, 08:08 pm »
The model that is based on the Pan with a cabinet like the Athena is tentatively called 'Muse'  (comments on the name are welcome).

This model is 38" tall with a rear firing port, and upward facing angle. The crossover and driver orientation will be identical to the Pan so it will be suitable for small and large rooms with the strengths of the Pan. The internal cabinet shape and volume is based on the Athena and will have the bass extension and clarity of that model. The 'Muse' will come with 1/4-20 threaded inserts installed in the bottom for either spikes or outriggers.
The face of the cabinet will look like the Pan (only taller) and will not have the sculpting of the Athena, that coupled with a simpler and much less expensive crossover than the Athena allows us to keep the price down.

the pricing on the Pan is $5200 (introductory) plus $550 stands

the Muse is $6450 (introductory)

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
« Reply #44 on: 15 Feb 2014, 08:29 pm »
I was inspired to do the 32" tall model when building a custom pair for my friend David Webber (of Webber Guitars). He and his wife obviously love music and wanted something unobtrusive that would be clear and musical, a speaker that would bring music into their home and lifestyle and not bring attention to itself. My first thought was the Pan but I wanted a bit more bass and something that would not require a stand, so this model... 32" tall front firing vent so it can be placed near the wall and a upward sloping baffle.

This is definitely a niche speaker, either the stand mount Pan or the Muse would be the first choice for most but there are situations where the room/house decor and lifestyle will dictate a smaller floor standing speaker and this is that system.

here is a photo with the first coat of oil... btw this is a very special pair made of largely instrument grade walnut. (the cost of the wood is as almost much as the speaker system!)