Best Practice for Clari-T Discharge, Recharge Cycling?

DRCope

• Industry Participant
  • Wand 14-4 ‘table, wand arm, Dynavector, Pure Audio
    • Old Forge Audio
Well, I did a search, and while I suspect it's in here somewhere I can't find it, so here goes:

What is the recommended discharge/recharge behavior to max the life on a Clari-T?

Only recharge when deeply discharged?

Recharge after any period of use, no matter how short?

Is it important/critical to let it come back up to 'green' before switching back and listening again?

I'm using the amp (more than) enough to be concerned about doing it right . . .  :thumb:

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
Re: Best Practice for Clari-T Discharge, Recharge Cycling?
« Reply #1 on: 27 Nov 2006, 01:26 pm »
Hi DRCope,

Here is a link that should be useful (scroll down):
http://www.redwineaudio.com/SLA.html

Did you receive a Clari-T User's Guide when you purchased it used?  If not, please email me and I'll email you back with one.  It explains everything in detail.

Only recharge when deeply discharged?

NEVER deeply discharge! 

Recharge after any period of use, no matter how short?

Correct!  :thumb:  And you can leave the charger always connected to the Clari-T (as long as the charger is connected to a live AC outlet), so the operation is really a matter of switch UP = ON, and switch DOWN = OFF/CHARGE.  That is all there is to it  :wink:

Is it important/critical to let it come back up to 'green' before switching back and listening again?

Well, if you have the small Clari-T with the 1.3Ah battery that is rated for a max play time of 6 hours, and you only charge for 2 hours, DO NOT play for another 6 hours if you didn't fully charge. 

Hope this helps,

Vinnie

DRCope

• Industry Participant
  • Wand 14-4 ‘table, wand arm, Dynavector, Pure Audio
    • Old Forge Audio
Re: Best Practice for Clari-T Discharge, Recharge Cycling?
« Reply #2 on: 27 Nov 2006, 10:29 pm »
Thanks Vinnie!

Nope, I didn't get a manual with my Clari-T. It would be great if you could email me a copy.

For that matter, I'd be happy to buy a badge for it. Currently it's anonymous and quite stoical looking in all black.

Yep, the charger stays plugged in and connected full time, with appropriate upping and downing.