Isabellina charger

superpronker

Isabellina charger
« on: 25 Jul 2015, 09:02 am »
I have recently purchased a used Isabellina HPA LFP-V, which has been a long-time goal for me, and I absolutely love it. The sound is just fantastic, and I love the look. It works awesomely with my Beyerdynamic T70 and my Audeze LCD-2. Great job!

However, yesterday I encountered a problem with my charger for it. The lights do not come on when I plug it in, and I think it smells just a little burnt. Also, the Isabellina won't turn on this morning but I think it is because the batteries have been drained by being plugged in to a charger that didn't deliver any juice.

Have I fried that thing somehow? Did I misunderstand how/when/whether to keep it plugged in over night? And is it possible to order a spare?

CSI

Re: Isabellina charger
« Reply #1 on: 25 Jul 2015, 04:33 pm »
I would imagine Vinnie will address this with you but you may have made the classic mistake on unplugging the charger from the wall but leaving it plugged into the Isabellina. This will drain the charge in the Isabellina back out and could eventually kill the internal battery. The drill is to plug the charger into the wall and into the Isabellina and leave it that way. The Isabellina will stay charged as long as you have the switch in the off or center position (not the battery only position) when you are not using it.
At this point, since it is dead and you smell something you should leave it all disconnected until you hear from RWA.

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
« Reply #2 on: 27 Jul 2015, 03:01 am »
Hi superpronker,

Welcome to the RWA forum.

I responded to your emails. 

In general, for tech support kind of stuff like this, please email me directly.  :wink:

Hi CSI,

Thanks for your help while I was busy in the last 24 hours! 

Vinnie

CSI

« Reply #3 on: 27 Jul 2015, 04:37 am »
Vinnie,

No problem. As a satisfied owner of numerous RWA products over the years (and, hopefully, LIO in the near future) I like to respond with my limited experience coupled with a strong suggestion to contact the man directly ASAP, knowing full well you will get on it quickly - no matter how busy you may be these days.