Greetings from NoVA

Hfarkhan

Greetings from NoVA
« on: 14 Jan 2020, 09:38 pm »
I was an Audiophile in the 80's and 90's. By mid 90's family and business took me away from my hobby. System got sold and given away my records etc.
2020 is the year for me to get back into my music hobby and I look forward to putting together a new two speaker system and start buying vinyl and CD's again! Also, learning about streaming and DAC's!

Wind Chaser

Re: Greetings from NoVA
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jan 2020, 10:10 pm »
Welcome to Audio Circle!  :thumb:

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #2 on: 14 Jan 2020, 11:05 pm »
Greetings & Welcome to AC Hfarkhan   :thumb:

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 15 Jan 2020, 02:56 am »
Welcome!

ntjetsmoke

« Reply #4 on: 15 Jan 2020, 03:50 am »
Welcome :thumb:

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #5 on: 15 Jan 2020, 05:52 am »
Welcome Hfarkhan  :thumb:

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #6 on: 15 Jan 2020, 01:45 pm »
I was an Audiophile in the 80's and 90's. By mid 90's family and business took me away from my hobby. System got sold and given away my records etc.
2020 is the year for me to get back into my music hobby and I look forward to putting together a new two speaker system and start buying vinyl and CD's again! Also, learning about streaming and DAC's!

Welcome,

I don't know about buying CD's but it will be fun.  Where about are you?  I am in Vienna.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #7 on: 15 Jan 2020, 03:46 pm »
Welcome!

CD's are cheap these days but quality new CD players/transports are getting hard to come by.  Recommend just buying a subscription to Tidal, Qobuz, or Amazon HD. 

Check out NAD Node 2i ($550 MSRP), C658 ($1650 MSRP and a big step up), M10 ($2750 MSRP a thoroughly modern value leader of their Masters Series), or the soon to be released M33 ($4999 MSRP upgraded version of the M10).  Note that the M10 and M33 have power amps built-in.  All of these can input analog and do streaming plus can run without computer hardware (except as a control option) or software, making life much simpler. 

ricmon

« Reply #8 on: 15 Jan 2020, 05:40 pm »
Hello Hfarkhan  welcome.  I'm also in the DMV.  Are you a member of the DC-Hi group?

Ric

fbny71

« Reply #9 on: 20 Jan 2020, 05:18 pm »
Welcome!

Hfarkhan

« Reply #10 on: 11 Feb 2020, 09:04 pm »
Welcome,

I don't know about buying CD's but it will be fun.  Where about are you?  I am in Vienna.

I'm live in McLean.

Hfarkhan

« Reply #11 on: 11 Feb 2020, 09:05 pm »
Hello Hfarkhan  welcome.  I'm also in the DMV.  Are you a member of the DC-Hi group?

Ric

No I am not. I would like to look into this DC-Hi group. It sounds intriguing. :-)

S2Wheels

« Reply #12 on: 11 Feb 2020, 09:55 pm »
Welcome!.

I 2nd the motion on the Bluesound Node 2I..   You will find its very versatile and pretty cheap depending on what you are looking for.   I was streaming through my laptop and/or my receiver.   Node 2i I like better.

Streaming is so much fun.... The choices of music is unbelievable.   In the old days I had to swap tapes / CD's with my buddies.   :)