Placing a GR-Research order-X-Statics!

Strike3

Placing a GR-Research order-X-Statics!
« on: 19 May 2020, 01:06 am »
I am excited to say I am ready to place an order for the X-Statics from GR-Research! Does anybody know of any coupons codes I could use for GR-Research?

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Placing a GR-Research order-X-Statics!
« Reply #1 on: 19 May 2020, 01:10 am »
Welcome  :thumb:
Usually it is a bonus from a previous purchase.

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 19 May 2020, 01:39 am »
Welcome!

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #3 on: 19 May 2020, 01:49 am »
Hi, Starting Block is really for people to introduce themselves. This question/thread is best posted in GR Research Circle, so I'll move it there for you now."

newrival

« Reply #4 on: 19 May 2020, 03:19 am »
Great speakers! Hope you enjoy them!

jcsperson

« Reply #5 on: 22 May 2020, 08:45 pm »
I am excited to say I am ready to place an order for the X-Statics from GR-Research! Does anybody know of any coupons codes I could use for GR-Research?

Please post pics of your build!   8)

Bryce22

« Reply #6 on: 25 May 2020, 11:08 am »
I am looking at the same kit but have some concerns about the necessary room for OB's.  These will be in our main living space so I don't want these things sticking way out into the living area.

Danny Richie

« Reply #7 on: 25 May 2020, 01:21 pm »
I am looking at the same kit but have some concerns about the necessary room for OB's.  These will be in our main living space so I don't want these things sticking way out into the living area.

They don't weigh much and they are easy to move. So just move them back when not in use of for non-critical listening.

Bryce22

« Reply #8 on: 26 May 2020, 02:27 am »
Has anyone looked at the X-Statics vs. the NX Monitors.  Has seen a lot of amazing things about both.  Was wondering how the X-Statics with full upgrades would compare vs NX Monitors.  I understand both would benefit from a sub but that is not in my near term plans.  I have seem that many are happy with either but I guessing they are apples and oranges.

jcsperson

« Reply #9 on: 26 May 2020, 02:34 am »
Has anyone looked at the X-Statics vs. the NX Monitors.  Has seen a lot of amazing things about both.  Was wondering how the X-Statics with full upgrades would compare vs NX Monitors.  I understand both would benefit from a sub but that is not in my near term plans.  I have seem that many are happy with either but I guessing they are apples and oranges.

The Monitors are $899 vs. $399 for the X-Statics.

Test4echo

« Reply #10 on: 27 May 2020, 12:48 pm »
The Monitors are $899 vs. $399 for the X-Statics.

Been wondering this myself. Are the NX Studios really that much better than the X-Statics? Looking for 3 NX Studio's for my HT mains....once my bonus comes....:-) Darn Covid delaying things.

Any thoughts?

jcsperson

« Reply #11 on: 27 May 2020, 02:47 pm »
Any thoughts?

I'm at the decision stage myself. The X-Statics are out because they require three feet behind them which I don't have. It's down to something like the A/V-2 or the NX-Studio. I do like that the Studios can be fairly close to the wall, but cost is a factor. I'm retiring next month and my income will go down a bit (and I have expensive other hobbies).  :wink:

One way I could afford it would be to monetize my woodworking shop. I'm considering buying the Studios and perhaps building a number of Studio cabinets to sell to guys who can't or don't want to build their own. The most time consuming part of woodworking is set-up. It takes the same amount of time to set-up for one cut as it does for a dozen. I could build 10 cabinets in about 1-1/2 times as long as it would take to build two.

Anyway, that's where I'm at.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #12 on: 27 May 2020, 03:45 pm »
NX-Studio - worth it!