I just want to thank all of you guys that are always here.

Danny Richie

Things have taken a turn for us as a result of the Corona virus. Everyone is stuck at home and ordering everything from us like crazy. And our Youtube channel is really gaining subscribers and views really well. Unbelievably well really. And we are seeing a big upturn in sales because of that as well.

So I have been putting in 14 and 16 hour days every day trying to stay up with the boom. And it has been a boom. This is not normal growth. This has been more of an onrush.

So I have had to alter how I use my time. I have not been able to answer emails during the day. I have had to set them aside until after 5:00 pm, and then I have been answering emails non stop for four to five hours a day and sometimes until past midnight.

We are getting orders out as they come in now, but not as fast as we used to. We can only knock out so many in a day. So thank you all of you that have been patient. And I know our supply lines of raw materials have been killing us. Many are in states with mandatory shut downs.

Now I say all of this to really say that I have not been able to stay on top of things and answer posts quickly here on Audio Circle. I've been reading posts during breakfast or late at night.

And I have such a great community here of great people. In my absence you guys service each other, and are taking care of the new guys, that are coming here because they saw me on Youtube. I have read the posts from the regulars here and I am just overwhelmed and thankful and how great you guys are and how helpful.

I wish I could hire a bunch of you to come work for me. Some of you know enough about the whole product line and what I do that I would hardly have to train you.

So I just felt like you guys needed a great big thank you!

Thank you very much.

Groovin

Re: I just want to thank all of you guys that are always here.
« Reply #1 on: 2 May 2020, 04:22 am »
Thanks for the Videos on YouTube and thanks for calling me back today and selling me the last pair of CST-1 kinda wish I would of got the upgrades I was a little caught of guard when you called thanks again and good luck on everything you do 👍

Glenng78

« Reply #2 on: 2 May 2020, 05:04 am »
Thank YOU for being the wizard.

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: 2 May 2020, 05:04 am »
I'm glad things are still booming! Even if there are still some slowdowns due to parts shortages, and I'm excited to hear about your YouTube channel growing rapidly! I hope the trend continues!
Just hope you aren't overdoing it!

I wish I could hire a bunch of you to come work for me. Some of you know enough about the whole product line and what I do that I would hardly have to train you.

I know I don't fall into that category yet, as im still learning, but it would be an honor to learn & work under you! You've got a lot of indepth knowledge and skills, and the fact you're willing to share it on here, and YouTube, is a testament to the person you are.

I definitely want to learn more, and start building my own NX Studios this summer, and eventually a pair of NX-Otica and Subs, along with other kits, if people are interested!

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #4 on: 2 May 2020, 05:36 am »
Aw shucks  :thumb:

Sonicjoy

« Reply #5 on: 2 May 2020, 12:22 pm »
You are welcome and thank you Danny! I have not been here all that long but feeling like part of a family. Lot's of fun!  :D

Tinear1

« Reply #6 on: 2 May 2020, 07:16 pm »
Thank you Danny... wonderful business model and products!

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #7 on: 2 May 2020, 07:37 pm »
Your products are easy to talk about, as I've never heard one that I couldn't recommend.  And as to the designer, it's easy to say good things about good people. 

Wind Chaser

« Reply #8 on: 2 May 2020, 07:45 pm »
What he said.  :thumb: :thumb:

AverageNiceGuy

« Reply #9 on: 2 May 2020, 08:38 pm »
Cool deal!
I'm one of your customers drawn in from YouTube.
When I talked to you on the phone 4/30/20, ordering CST-1's and upgrade, you sounded like you were running across a pasture, with a phone in your hand, with a mad bull chasing you!
Stay running my friend  8)
Now about the ETA on the CST-1's....   :D
Thad, Louisville

Creative cut designs

« Reply #10 on: 4 May 2020, 02:07 am »
Danny helped me as well and I hope to some day cut flat packs for his customers

uncola

« Reply #11 on: 4 May 2020, 08:25 am »
I appreciate all the information you give out for free here and on your youtube channel..
creative cut designs we can always use more flat pack sources :D

Captainhemo

« Reply #12 on: 4 May 2020, 03:40 pm »
Danny helped me as well and I hope to some day cut flat packs for his customers

Well,  I hope he's happy with  who's been designing the new cabs  and  cutting themn for the past  5 years  or so  :wink"

jay

Creative cut designs

« Reply #13 on: 4 May 2020, 05:47 pm »
I thought no one cuts x-statik's?

Brendan

« Reply #14 on: 27 May 2020, 05:31 am »
Thanks Danny!
I've been in the GR fan club ride since the Paradox 3.
Also have lots of the X series kits. (Some finished, some still in boxes.)

I'm glad to see you experience more growth than you might even want.

I have to say I also have enjoyed the new youtube channel and learning more about your design philosophy.

Bassaholic

« Reply #15 on: 27 May 2020, 05:41 pm »
Thanks everyone- especially Danny! I have learned so much from you over the past 2 years. My NX-Oticas are almost done. Hope to build more in the future- love this hobby.

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #16 on: 27 May 2020, 06:03 pm »
A great thing about this circle in particular, and Audio Circle in general, is that everybody is so helpful. If not for that, I never would have tried building speakers. I thought it was outside my wheelhouse was apprehensive. To give analogy, I always saw myself as a framing carpenter while my brother was the finish carpenter. I thought the finish work and crossover building would be too difficult. I received a lot of help and encouragement from the folks here so I jumped in. That was six years and more speaker builds than I can remember ago. My builds have improved but something that hasn’t changed is the community here.

Mike

uncola

« Reply #17 on: 28 May 2020, 09:54 am »
I learned a lot just reading threads here.  Last week I replaced the binding posts on my kef q900 with some pure copper 5 way binding posts that I verified are non magnetic using my fridge magnet.  I would never have had the courage to drill the holes bigger and open up my speakers without danny's "I bet I can improve your speakers" thread.   :thumb:

tomlinmgt

« Reply #18 on: 28 May 2020, 02:38 pm »
As an outsider to this group (but who has been paying close attention to GR Research ever since I heard the NX-Tremes at LSAF last year) and small business owner of twenty-three years, I've really been enjoying watching the recent evolution of the business from media exposure and the growth spurt that has followed...which is well deserved, if not a bit overdue.  It seems like we've been given the opportunity to observe Danny catching the "100-year wave" from the beach and dude, he's killin' it!

Danny, it's obvious you've been running full throttle recently. But clearly you're cut out for it because I've witnessed zero compromise to the integrity of the company...but rather positive and meaningful growth.  No doubt the circle of support here is an important component to that, and you taking the time to show your gratitude for that fact is but another shining example of your commendable business ethos.  I can't help but feel a little pride for my fellow Texan.  :thumb:

Michael

GregR

« Reply #19 on: 28 May 2020, 07:10 pm »
I'll be putting in an order real soon. Hope I don't miss out on some cool gear. Thanks