Hi guys

steelgitr

Hi guys
« on: 18 Apr 2021, 11:18 pm »
Hello,

I'm 72, been playing music and listening to music since the 60's. Grew up on Eric Clapton and Cream and ended up playing pedal steel in a classic country band and still do.

I recently acquired a 1978 pair of Klipsch La Scalas and have been on a quest to find the perfect amp. Been through a few vintage receivers and now have a desire to dip my toes into the world of tubes (affordable)  Would love a Mc 2-75 but way out of my budget. While researching different types of tube amps, it has been repeatedly suggested that  a low powered SET amp would match well with my 105 db speakers. While still learning and yearning I picked up a little TubeCube 7 from the tube depot (waiting on it) to hold me over. I'm leaning towards a Yaqin A10 single end EL 34 amp but found my way here while researching True SET amps vs Not so true?  (EL34 is a pentode?)

There are a lot of really smart people here and I hope to get some guidance without being annoying :)

Thanks for letting me join,

bob

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Hi guys
« Reply #1 on: 18 Apr 2021, 11:37 pm »
Welcome aboard Bob  :thumb:
EL34 is a famous Pentode capable of 6W SE (triode) in consevative use.
https://www.decware.com/newsite/SE34I.htm
« Last Edit: 19 Apr 2021, 02:07 am by FullRangeMan »

Phil A

Re: Hi guys
« Reply #2 on: 19 Apr 2021, 01:31 am »
Welcome!