Salt Lake City Earthquake Report?

sockpit

Salt Lake City Earthquake Report?
« on: 20 Mar 2020, 02:22 am »
Clayton,

I hope you and yours are fine, and that you didn’t experience a setback by yesterday’s quake. Please give us a report when you catch your breath. 

A shut-in by the Bay  8)

jachinboazicus

Re: Salt Lake City Earthquake Report?
« Reply #1 on: 23 Mar 2020, 09:57 pm »
Salt Laker here.

It was the biggest shake i've ever experienced, but there was minimal damage. Some old brick facades fell downtown, the angel Moroni's trumpet fell off the Mormon temple down town, and I saw pics of a few restaurant wine racks tipping, but all in all, it was very mellow from a damage standpoint. We've had an interesting series of aftershocks since in the ~4 range, but beyond that, all is well.

Spatial Audio

Re: Salt Lake City Earthquake Report?
« Reply #2 on: 6 Apr 2020, 06:02 am »
Salt Laker here.

It was the biggest shake i've ever experienced, but there was minimal damage. Some old brick facades fell downtown, the angel Moroni's trumpet fell off the Mormon temple down town, and I saw pics of a few restaurant wine racks tipping, but all in all, it was very mellow from a damage standpoint. We've had an interesting series of aftershocks since in the ~4 range, but beyond that, all is well.

That sums it up pretty well. It was reportedly a 5.7 Magnitude quake early in the morning. Strong shaking.

The Spatial facility is West of Salt Lake City - only a few miles from the Epicenter, but wasn't damaged - just stuff thrown around. We did not lose any real production time, fortunately.

Clayton