First pressing vinyl prices!!

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
First pressing vinyl prices!!
« on: 14 Feb 2018, 07:56 pm »
 :o :o
I was playing my 1960 copy of Duke Jordan "Flight to Jordan" that I've had for a while, and decided to see what the last similar copy sold for on fleabay.... holy cow.  I've been putting taped info on the sleeves in the event that suddenly I'm not around and my wife or daughter decides to dump the collection in a garage sale.  I suspect that my jazz collection exceeds the value of my system at this point, and the gap widens with the passing of time. 
How do you guys insure your records? 

Scott F.

Re: First pressing vinyl prices!!
« Reply #1 on: 15 Feb 2018, 12:58 am »
I do, along with my system and all the tubes I've collected over the years. I provided my insurance guy with an itemized list of gear, tubes and overall count of records. I took a weighted cost per album that I thought would be enough to cover the loss. I also took video of everything including a slow scan of the albums so the list could be recreated if need be.

My insurance guy provided me stated value policy for all that stuff. I don't remember how much we're paying for the policy but I think it was somewhat reasonable. Plus, when you tie up as much money as we do in gear and music, it's a good idea to insure our investments.   

Folsom

Re: First pressing vinyl prices!!
« Reply #2 on: 15 Feb 2018, 01:27 am »
I try to update my discogs list. Works pretty good for tracking value. But I only update it periodically. I dont really care but in these concerns it makes perfect sense.