Lonewolfe

mgalusha

Re: Lonewolfe
« Reply #20 on: 25 May 2008, 05:31 pm »
Is his brother really the guitar player (Walter Becker) in Steely Dan?   aa

No question Chris is a heckuva nice guy. :)

As to Rob's question... Hmm....

jrebman

« Reply #21 on: 25 May 2008, 10:43 pm »
Just truly one of the nicest, most generous guys in this hobby -- and that's saying something.

How did I miss The Tubes in the ACI room?  I thought I was in that room for the bulk of the show :D.

We'll have to play it again this year and establish a tradition.

-- Jim

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #22 on: 25 May 2008, 10:48 pm »
I think we can do that Jim.  I have 5 of their CD's on the PC for the Squeezebox.  One of my favorite bands.

Bryan

DR

• The Man
« Reply #23 on: 25 May 2008, 10:54 pm »
Thanks everyone!

I understand now. I tried this post before but it didn't take for some reason.

To get that type of respect on an internet site is really something special. I posted this on the ACI site because there is no better place to be.

Here is to Lonewolfe  :beer:   

jrebman

« Reply #24 on: 25 May 2008, 11:03 pm »
Bryan,

Ah, and for some reason I thought they only had 4 albums.  All of mine were lost when my first record collection was stolen in the mid 80s -- about 650 albums.  Right out of the back of my truck when I was moving apartments, and in broad daylight.  Some cajones.

-- Jim

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #25 on: 26 May 2008, 01:32 am »
Thanks again guys !!!  :thumb:

Check out Walt's new release...."Circus Money"....it  drops June 10th. .... :wink:

As for the Tubes.....they sounded very good with the ACI Sapphire XL's and the Korato equipment....one of the better sounding rooms at Rocky Mountain.  :rock:

Glam Rock Lives........ :guitar:

giantsteps

« Reply #26 on: 26 May 2008, 01:53 am »

Chris...I'll catch you since you just let out your first howl. What's your idea of attending the RMAF in Denver on the cheap? Send me an Email. Thanks

Frank

giantsteps

« Reply #27 on: 26 May 2008, 02:10 am »

Got your EM. Thanks! I'll talk to Dr. Prat tomorrow.

Frank

Philistine

« Reply #28 on: 26 May 2008, 01:52 pm »
I've got two great guys in the forum to thank:

Dan Wright - for making digital music listen able.

Wolfy - introducing me to new music, and re-introducing me to music I'd forgotten about over the years.  After all, this is what it's all about.  Thanks Chris  :thumb:

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #29 on: 26 May 2008, 03:11 pm »
Just truly one of the nicest, most generous guys in this hobby -- and that's saying something.

How did I miss The Tubes in the ACI room?  I thought I was in that room for the bulk of the show :D.

We'll have to play it again this year and establish a tradition.

-- Jim

Jim:

Perhaps "Tubes Time" daily at RMAF in our room  8)

DR

• The Man
« Reply #30 on: 2 Jul 2008, 11:11 pm »
Here is a question. Those NY Raves look fun. Some of them however appear to be in infamous small Manhattan apartments or cooperatives. How does that work? With neighbors and everything.

giantsteps

« Reply #31 on: 3 Jul 2008, 12:13 am »
Here is a question. Those NY Raves look fun. Some of them however appear to be in infamous small Manhattan apartments or cooperatives. How does that work? With neighbors and everything.

:scratch: Prompts me to ask what's your perception of NYAR's? NYAR's are not held in infamous residences.

Frank

mjosef

« Reply #32 on: 3 Jul 2008, 12:18 am »
NYers can be friendly and very tolerant of loud music/"noise". The "law" permit loud music up to 10 or 11pm I think. Besides an open welcome to the neighbors to attend often diffuses any objections. Perceptions are often incorrect, especially at long distances.   aa
And its a lot of fun, these raves..  :thumb:

SET Man

« Reply #33 on: 3 Jul 2008, 12:27 am »
NYers can be friendly and very tolerant of loud music/"noise". The "law" permit loud music up to 10 or 11pm I think. Besides an open welcome to the neighbours to attend often diffuses any objections. Perceptions are often incorrect, especially at long distances.   aa
And its a lot of fun, these raves..  :thumb:

Hey!

Sure.... what neighbor? :lol:

Seriously, if you are an audiophile and live in NYC and in tiny apartment surrounded with neighbors pretty much from all sides and never got complaint than you are lucky  :icon_lol:

Anyway, most of the Rave... at least with big Raves with people of 15+ are mostly held in one of our members with  house outside NYC. Notice lately you will see that most of them are being held in NJ and not NY! :lol: And one in CT with Hogg/Jim. It is now pretty much a Tri-States Rave now. :D

For NYARers that are in NYC with small place we sometime do a Mini-Rave with only a few Ravers. :D

Take care,
Buddy :thumb:

giantsteps

« Reply #34 on: 3 Jul 2008, 12:41 am »

infamous 

Main Entry: in·fa·mous 
Pronunciation: \ˈin-fə-məs\
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English, from Latin infamis, from in- + fama fame
Date: 14th century
1 : having a reputation of the worst kind : notoriously evil <an infamous traitor>
2 : causing or bringing infamy : disgraceful <an infamous crime>
3 : convicted of an offense bringing infamy
— in·fa·mous·ly adverb

Frank 

DR

• The Man
« Reply #35 on: 3 Jul 2008, 11:01 pm »
Thanks SET Man for the answer. I didn't mean to offend anyone and used a poorly chosen word. I was just trying to get ideas for my own situation (Condo). Blasting the neighbors until 10 PM just because I can legally would just make me a jerk.

DR

mcullinan

« Reply #36 on: 3 Jul 2008, 11:42 pm »
And the nudity! I would like to know how that part works! And do people usually get arrested during these RAVES???? hmmmm???%&$&#W
Mike

SET Man

« Reply #37 on: 4 Jul 2008, 12:15 am »
Thanks SET Man for the answer. I didn't mean to offend anyone and used a poorly chosen word. I was just trying to get ideas for my own situation (Condo). Blasting the neighbors until 10 PM just because I can legally would just make me a jerk.

DR

Hey!

No need to be sorry. Most New Yorkers do live in an infamously small apartment compared to the rest of the US.  :lol:

Of 20 years for me here in NYC I've only moved 3 times... which is very low compared to most  here.  My first place was in Manhattan in a very small apartment. I was there for about 12 years and one of my neighbor was very loud and the one above walk with heavy feet  :? The last 2 years there was a new neighbor moved in next door and that when I start to get compliant from him... just him.  :evil:

My current place right now is not bad. I actually live above my landlord believe it or not!  :duh: But I don't really listen to music really loud and they seem to be OK with this. Sometime I would have a Mini-Rave and that is when I would play my system louder than usual but it would be during daytime on weekend. I think he is OK with that. And I don't listen music after 11PM... but sometime I wish I could  :wink:

Well, it is a City's life but so far so good for me here at my current apartment. :D

Take care,

DR

• The Man
« Reply #38 on: 4 Jul 2008, 12:26 am »
SET Man, you do NY proud.

I visited your city once and it scared the crap out of me  :lol:. Quite lively I would say. I saw the Dakota and Strawberry Fields. I was floored. Only in NY could this be.

I hope you get your rave!

DR 

SET Man

« Reply #39 on: 4 Jul 2008, 12:51 am »
SET Man, you do NY proud.

I visited your city once and it scared the crap out of me  :lol:. Quite lively I would say. I saw the Dakota and Strawberry Fields. I was floored. Only in NY could this be.

I hope you get your rave!

DR 

Hey!

Well, overall NYC is much better now than it did when I first came here 20 years ago. :D

Anyway, if you are going to be in NYC again drop me line. You are welcome to stop by my place to listen to my system. :D I'm in Queens.... don't worry I'm not in da hood area. :lol:

Take care,