North East Ohio

tcnicholas

Re: North East Ohio
« Reply #40 on: 13 Jun 2013, 07:22 pm »
Greetings NE Ohio:
I'm in Avon Lake and would be interested in jumping in on a limited basis to stretch my audio experience (extensive business travel).  Let me know when you are getting together and I'll plug it in my calendar.   I would be interested in listening to others systems and have others listen to mine and give their system advise.  Running all lossless digital from a laptop thru a tubed Hagerman Chime DAC into a Bryston 4BST and Magnepan 2.5R's.
Tom

raysracing

« Reply #41 on: 14 Jun 2013, 02:39 pm »
I'm working on electric Avenue by Jacox Road. Wish I had time to stop by.

Speedskater

• Kevin
« Reply #42 on: 14 Jun 2013, 02:47 pm »
I hope you guys are as much of beer snobs and stereo sonbs so we can meet at Melt on Taylor in Cleveland Heights or the Bottle House on Lee rd. also in Cleveland Heights.

From September thru March, I spend a lot of time in Cleveland Heights at the big ice skating rink.

tcnicholas

« Reply #43 on: 14 Jun 2013, 05:38 pm »
Rays racing. 
PM sent

fridays

« Reply #44 on: 14 Jun 2013, 08:15 pm »
The smartest people in the world live in Ohio.....

Speedskater

• Kevin
« Reply #45 on: 14 Jun 2013, 08:46 pm »
Rays racing. 
PM sent
Racing? What, How, Where?

We have a big sailboat race this weekend at Edgewater.   Cleveland Race Week.

raysracing

« Reply #46 on: 14 Jun 2013, 11:04 pm »

I bet you know Jim Wright then. I race bicycles. Maybe some of us can get together first? Then coordinate a meeting more central Ohio?

Ray

raysracing

« Reply #47 on: 15 Jun 2013, 03:29 pm »
All,

I have a TBI Millenia amp coming this week on tour. I do not have it for long. I have been struggling with soundstage and imaging with my Tekton Lores and though I believe much is room related, I am hoping the Millenia will be a match. My problem is I do not have a reliable pre amp right now. If anyone would like to play with it, it arrives Wednesday or Thursday. I dont race that week so any weeknight  between 8-11pm would work for me or possibly the weekend later in the day.

But I would appreciate it if anyone has a pre we could use. My Optocoupler sometimes shifts the image heavily to the left making it useless for comparison (though it has a pleasant sound or lack there of). And my only other amp now is a Yamaha DSP integrated without main pre puts.

Ray
PM for address and phone.

Speedskater

• Kevin
« Reply #48 on: 17 Jun 2013, 03:08 pm »
I bet you know Jim Wright then.

I know a Cleveland Hts. area Jim Wright that would sometimes skate with us.  Being a speedskater and bike rider,  I have known lots of bike racers over the years. Most of them are now getting old.

carusoracer

« Reply #49 on: 17 Jun 2013, 07:27 pm »

What boat do you race?  We used to have big numbers at CRW when I grew up. I really have not raced there in a while as my boat does not have any Regatta's in Cleveland.

Speedskater

• Kevin
« Reply #50 on: 17 Jun 2013, 10:15 pm »
The J/24 Grafix.
That's an older 24 foot keel-boat class.
With almost 6000 boats world-wide, it's not as popular in Cleveland now as it was 15 years ago.

carusoracer

« Reply #51 on: 18 Jun 2013, 04:29 pm »
I know the boat, EYC right? Used to race with Rolf and company on J 34 off and on. Raced J 24's quite a bit but not in Cleveland.

The new J70 looks to be the Hot Ticket?   

raysracing

« Reply #52 on: 21 Jun 2013, 12:58 pm »
TBI Milllenia arrives today as well as the Marantz Receiver which I may use as a pre. I dont like to unplug and replug RCA's from the back of single inout amps.  First night will be with the Tekton Lore's then I will experiment with the Pioneer BS22LR's which are the Cheap and Cheerful hit speakers.

Anyone is welcome to swing by tonight. Message me with address. My fridge is full of IPA's and Labatts.

Ray

Jonathan

« Reply #53 on: 23 Jun 2013, 12:13 pm »
I'm in Shaker Heights. Would definitely be interested in being part of a group. Thanks.

-Jon

carusoracer

« Reply #54 on: 24 Jun 2013, 07:21 pm »
Go Red Raiders!

raysracing

« Reply #55 on: 24 Jun 2013, 08:54 pm »
Go Red Raiders!

Well now i am conflicted. I grew up in Cleveland Heights till '76 then Shaker Heights till college in '84 then back to Cleveland Heights. So GO Tigeraiders!

raysracing

« Reply #56 on: 24 Jun 2013, 11:18 pm »
I only have the TBI Millennia a couple more days. If you want to hear it message me. I am making myself deaf with Copland's Rodeo and Appalachian Springs on Telarc CD so you might be able to hear it from your houses. I am in Cleveland Heights off of Fairmont.

Ray

Jonathan

« Reply #57 on: 8 Aug 2013, 04:14 pm »
Just curious if anyone can recommend a good repair shop in the Cleveland area? I need to repair a sticking drawer on a Sony SCD XA5400ES.

I have heard good things about the guy at Play it Again Sam, but they're backed up like mad (Bernie said "it could be months" or they "might be able to squeeze it in."  I'm hesitant to leave it there with that much uncertainty. Audio Craft also does repairs, but I have not heard much about them.

Anyone else you can think of who knows what they're doing?

Thanks in advance...

Jon

maxboy00

« Reply #58 on: 8 Aug 2013, 04:52 pm »
You may want to check with Sound and Vision in Woodmere. 

Jonathan

« Reply #59 on: 8 Aug 2013, 05:22 pm »
You may want to check with Sound and Vision in Woodmere. 

Called them, but they don't do repairs. Thanks anyway.