What is the best LOOKING audio component you wish you could buy?

geowak

This post is based on an earlier post entitled "What is the best LOOKING audio component you have bought"
but now I ask...

What is the best LOOKING audio component you wish you could buy? Here is mine below. I also think it would sound fabulous. If I got back into the analog world I WISH I could get this rig. Shindo Labs 301 system

http://www.toneimports.com/shindo/shindo301.html

jimdgoulding

Nice, Geo.  What's stopping you?  You only live once they say.

Couple of these 200 watters could be nice, or with a little more abandonment . .

This! 

milford3

I just love the look of the Decware Tori

TrungT

:thumb:

jimdgoulding

Very tasty, Trung.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
The current line of Pass amps........with MBL speakers a close 2nd.    :drool:

geowak

Nice, Geo.  What's stopping you?  You only live once they say.

Couple of these 200 watters could be nice, or with a little more abandonment . .

This!

Thanks for the nudge but actually the wife is stopping me. I mean I like my life. he he

BTW it looks like tubes rule the post, at least for now. Jolida? Are they that good?

Freo-1

The current line of Pass amps........with MBL speakers a close 2nd.    :drool:
Hmm... How about Pass Labs XS amps and Sound Lab Ultimate Speakers. 

jimdgoulding

Geo, can't really say.  Dunno of any reviews, either.  I think their designer lives in Austria or thataways but they are built in China.  It's the power they have that most tube amps (they are probably hybrids :dunno:) don't that I would happily employ to drive some Magneplanars.  Just thinking out loud here.

Chromisdesigns

• Darla, our beach cat, contemplating the sea
    • Fine-gemstones.com

These, but done by the guy here that does all the gorgeous cabinet building, in an exotic wood veneer!

jimdgoulding

My goodness gracious!  Would I love to hear what those puppies can do.

Chromisdesigns

• Darla, our beach cat, contemplating the sea
    • Fine-gemstones.com
My goodness gracious!  Would I love to hear what those puppies can do.

They are Nelson Pass "Kleinhorns".  In the write-up, he mentions building a similar set of straight horns (not folded like the Klein's) back when he was in school, and goes on to say that "no matter which way we pointed them, the cops invariably showed up"...

I'd love to have a listening room which could do justice to these. It would be almost obligatory to add a pair of El Pipe-o subwoofers as well.  Then, several kilo-bucks worth of Pass amps and active crossovers to drive them.

First I have to find a big enough house in the middle of a few hundred acres, so the neighbors wouldn't complain every time they fired up!

jimdgoulding

Hope you will invite me over!

"Man, I had forgotten that I have this.  I mean it's been a l-o-n-g time since I've played it:  ENCORE- The Roger Wagner Chorale on M&K RealTime Direct-to-Disc Records.  Made on location with the mic wide open with no compression nor hint of tape plate-ing to disc.  Clean, clean, clean with unbelievable immediacy, sense of thereness and pure transients like nobody.  Maybe one day this method of recording will experience a renaissance.   

Miss Toni, you got this?"

Posted on another topic.  THIS recording I will bring!!  It would sound out of this world on those Pass' speakers. 

TONEPUB

Those KR amps are really nice.  Wouldn't mind a stereo Kronzilla...

Hmm...

Technics SP -10mk.2 with Obsidian base.
The new Nagra Jazz Preamplifier and the new 300B power amp.

My Thorens TD-124 when it gets back from Swissonor

Thats about it for now....

underdog64

Wilson Benesch C60 loudspeakers (paired with the Torus Sub):http://wilson-benesch.com/2010/07/a-c-t-c60-2/

jhm731

GT Audio Works

I lusted for the CLS speakers when they first came out..still one of the most beautiful form meets function designs ever...
in my opinion...Greg

GT Audio Works

As good as the pictures looked..I was floored the first time I saw these lacquered hardwood beauties in the flesh !!
Sonus Faber Stradivari
                                                                                                                                          Greg

neekomax

JBL Everest. I think these look pretty awesome... like they just HAVE to sound amazing.

Judging from this vid of a demo in Japan, they probably do: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IK3bd_gKcrE

jpnz

Moth Audio SPHYNX
Stereo vacuum tube balanced line out amplifier.

Such gorgeous mysterious looking device..