Reisong A10 EL34 Hi-Fi Audio Stereo Tube Amplifier Single-end Class - A Amp

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
Also there is the Wright Audio Royale full integrated with balance control and hard wiring at $1555 mad in usa, transformers are bigger than Decware.
http://www.wrightaudio.us/royale_SE6.htm

I was just using the Decware (familiar to me since I live 81 miles/130km away) as an example of EL34 set rated power.
Since you mention Wright (which curiously I can fine no/zero reviews on), it is rated for 7 watts single ended triode.
« Last Edit: 20 Apr 2021, 04:20 am by opnly bafld »

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
I was just using the Decware (familiar to me since I live 81 miles/130km away) as an example of EL34 set rated power.
Since you mention Wright (which curiously I can fine no/zero reviews on), it is rated for 7 watts single ended triode.
Are the transformers really larger or do they just look that way?  :scratch:
Yes they are larger net weight 26 pounds, looks Hammond, the Decware OPTs (Edcor) are so small they are located inside the chassis, according the rule thumb 5Wrms, but they delivery a characteristic sound that some people like.

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
deleted ot
« Last Edit: 20 Apr 2021, 04:20 am by opnly bafld »

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
We are way off topic, but enclosed vs open frame opts can be deceiving in size and performance.
You do you, making absolute judgements on things from miles away and no experience.
Do you have see the transformers photos, what more do you want?
Decware Rachel  Net Weight 18 lbs.
Wright Royale net weight 26 pounds

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
Have read a lot of mostly positive reviews of the A10 (especially after tube changes), read one user review where the owner completely condemns it as the worst amp ever, don't waste your money, blah, blah, blah.

Never mentions the speakers he is using, so I ask.
The pairing was like putting a Cox engine in a 747 and expecting it to fly.  :duh:

steelgitr

Would converting to Triode mode lower the power output?  What in layman terms is the difference (in this amp) between UL and Triode mode?

thx

bob

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
Would converting to Triode mode lower the power output?  What in layman terms is the difference (in this amp) between UL and Triode mode?

thx

bob
Triode use elements Cathode, grid, Anode.
Pentode use Cathode, grid, screen, anode.
UL use cathode, grid, anode, being the grid connected to the anode(output), hence the bigger power.

steelgitr

Triode use elements Cathode, grid, Anode.
Pentode use Cathode, grid, screen, anode.
UL use cathode, grid, anode, being the grid connected to the anode(output), hence the bigger power.

Thanks, Can this amp run in Pentode mode since EL 34 is a Pentode?

bob

SET Man

Hey!

I've seen this A10 and A12 amps popped up on YouTube for a few months now. Crazy how  much it cost and shipping from China alone cost over half of the price of the amp!

And crazier is that they can make this for that price! So, with that I'm very curious myself of how they sound. Looking inside, there's not much to talk about which is not a bad thing SE tube amps are very simple to begin with. But looking at the PSU, there's not much there isn't it? And went is come to tube amp output transformer is really a big deal, but I have no idea how these are.

Well, if anyone here have one let me know what you think. And ever better if anyone in NYC have one I'll be interested in checking it out.

Buddy

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
Thanks, Can this amp run in Pentode mode since EL 34 is a Pentode?

bob
The A10 ? No.
I read carefuly the China Hifi page and the spec say its only UL, some amps do Triode and UL, in this case there is a switch on the board.

This video on PCBs may help you on amp choice:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsL-i8nFvdA

steelgitr

The A10 ? No.
I read carefuly the China Hifi page and the spec say its only UL, some amps do Triode and UL, in this case there is a switch on the board.

This video on PCBs may help you on amp choice:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsL-i8nFvdA

Thanks, Check this thread out for extensive modding on the A10. WAY above my pay grade, tho!

https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/tubes-valves/266925-boyuu-hifi-equis-a10-el34b-6n2-se-tube-amplifier-5z4p-rectifier-review-mod.html?fbclid=IwAR0ZQVYiXuTUWviUIOeDsKm1KaOgBma8Y6VoojI7jRfSReZ88nxyFmN9oR0

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
Thanks, Check this thread out for extensive modding on the A10. WAY above my pay grade, tho!

https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/tubes-valves/266925-boyuu-hifi-equis-a10-el34b-6n2-se-tube-amplifier-5z4p-rectifier-review-mod.html?fbclid=IwAR0ZQVYiXuTUWviUIOeDsKm1KaOgBma8Y6VoojI7jRfSReZ88nxyFmN9oR0
No thanks, I already run this road, modify a cheap amp may become a expensive project.

SET Man

No thanks, I already run this road, modify a cheap amp may become a expensive project.

Hey!

Wow! I looked at the upgrade list. That's like building a new amp and still get stuck with stock output transformers!

Yeah, I agreed on that. With this amp it will be like trying to make the least expensive Hyundai sport car into BMW M sport cars.

With this amp, I think the only logical upgrade is changing those Orange drop coupling caps to something else to fine tune the sound a bit.

Buddy

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
Hey!

Wow! I looked at the upgrade list. That's like building a new amp and still get stuck with stock output transformers!

Yeah, I agreed on that. With this amp it will be like trying to make the least expensive Hyundai sport car into BMW M sport cars.

With this amp, I think the only logical upgrade is changing those Orange drop coupling caps to something else to fine tune the sound a bit.

Buddy
Well 12W made the A10 a useful amp to drive hi sensitivity speakers, due the low price an alternative is using it til some parts get old and put a  whole new amp inside, keeping only the chassis. A empty chassis in this link below is much more expensive that this A10 amp.
https://www.landfallsystems.com/?content=products/main

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
Just found these amps with similar prices and tubes all UL circuit:
EBAY EL34

EBAY EL34 AMP UL

This is a little better for $560 KT88 UL:
EBAY KT88 AMP