I'm back in town

Blackmore

I'm back in town
« on: 22 Jun 2004, 05:14 pm »
Hey Sturgus and Steve:
We made it back from the conferences and I've started vacuuming the house.  18 days of cat hair!!  

Let me know when you guys want to come out to Wright City.  Since the Innersounds are bi-amped, they're not real friendly to substituting different amps.  Maybe we could get some digital equipment together???
I pulled out my old Apogee Centaur Minors if anyone wants to hear some ribbons.  I should mention that my listening room won't hold a ton of people, but more importantly, the Innersounds are one or two people speakers.  Just thought you ought to know.

Talk to you guys soon.

steve k

Welcome home Marc.
« Reply #1 on: 25 Jun 2004, 01:35 am »
I just got back in town myself. I was in Charleston, SC on business all week. I'd love to come out. A weekend would work best for me. We have some medical problems going on in the family that just happened today so this weekend is out for sure. Why don't you pick some dates and we'll see what we can work out? I'm anxious to hear about Switzerland too.
Later,
steve

Blackmore

Welcome back Steve
« Reply #2 on: 25 Jun 2004, 01:57 pm »
Any Friday or Saturday night in July is OK with me, except for the 4th of July weekend.  I have rehearsals from 11-2 on Saturday mornings, so I could be home by 4 and let the listening begin.  Sturgus, do any of these weekends work for you??  Any other Gashouse gangsters want to trek to Wright City??????

sturgus

I'm back in town
« Reply #3 on: 26 Jun 2004, 11:18 pm »
Welcome back Mark, hope you had an enjoyable time. Steve it's good to see you made it back also.  As far as the session I can make it any Fri evening. Hope to see you guys soon. Look forward to hearing the system.
Sturgus

Blackmore

Friday July 9
« Reply #4 on: 27 Jun 2004, 02:34 pm »
Ok, I'll throw out a date and see if it flies.  July 9th is the first Friday after the big 4th of July weekend.  Sturgus, I'll get the Labatts in the fridge tonight and won't touch one until you get here.  :lol:

Any ideas for a theme?  We had a great time at Scott's with the 'classics' night and my ears have finally recovered.  Does anyone remember what the 'best rock and roll album ever' was????  It was the one that Mike said....."now you officially have a kick-a** stereo" when Scott cranked it up to 11.  Loved it and wish I had it.

Let me know if this date is good.  Looking forward to have the gang out.

Scott F.

Re: Friday July 9
« Reply #5 on: 28 Jun 2004, 01:55 am »
Quote from: Blackmore
Ok, I'll throw out a date and see if it flies.  July 9th is the first Friday after the big 4th of July weekend.  Sturgus, I'll get the Labatts in the fridge tonight and won't touch one until you get here.  :lol:

Any ideas for a theme?  We had a great time at Scott's with the 'classics' night and my ears have finally recovered.  Does anyone remember what the 'best rock and roll album ever' was????  It was the one that Mike said....."now you officially have a kick-a** stereo" when Scott cranked it up to 11. Loved it and wish I had it.

I think it was the Montrose album. The one with Rock Candy and Space Station #5 on it. It was either that or Deep Purple Machine Head. Both of those we had cranked pretty loud. Come to think about it, we had a bunch cranked really loud ... didn't we :o

Hey, if I can get away, can I come too..... pretty please :mrgreen:
I'll bring beer if a bribe helps.

steve k

I'm back in town
« Reply #6 on: 28 Jun 2004, 02:30 am »
July 9th is fine by me. Sturg, you want to drive together? I'll be happy to pick you up--I know you'll be working all day. Marc, let us know if there's anything else we can bring besides tunes. Should be fun.
steve

Blackmore

July 9
« Reply #7 on: 28 Jun 2004, 02:43 pm »
Scott: Montrose was the one!  Of course you're welcome to come up.  
I'll send some maps and instructions on getting to my place.  Easy to get to once you make it to Wright City.

Steve: just let me know what sorts of goodies you like and I'll make the trip to Schnucks. Scott was such a good host at the last get together, I don't want to let the gang down.

Now everyone pray that nothing breaks between now and July 9th.