A Few Crossraods Pics

Scott F.

A Few Crossraods Pics
« on: 13 Jun 2004, 02:18 pm »
Hiya Guys,

Well, here’s the pics I promised of Eric Claptons Crossroads Guitar Festival. I’ve only posted about 8 or so. Keep in mind, I’m sitting on some of the best ones for an upcoming article over at the website. I’ll be doing a full write up too. With some luck I’ll get Part 1 done for posting next weekend.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallery;area=browse;album=331

I did a nickels worth of searching trying to find a free website to host all of the pics in their full size in 1600x1200. For obvious reasons we try limit the size and number of pics we use in our articles over at TNT. It would be cool to add a link where people could go and see all of the best pics I took. I did the night shots without a flash purposely. I like the more natural look of the stage lighting. In turn you get a minor amount of motion (trails) in some of the pics.

Anybody got any suggestions on free website hosting that allows a decent amount of transfer? Looks like I’ve got about 100+ meg of pics spread across 130 or so files. I could always resample the pics and increase the compression but it would be cool to keep the higher resolution.

I’ll bring my photo book to the next get together so that if anybody wants copies of certain pics, I can burn a CD and get them to you. The prints come out really nice in 8 1/2 x 11. Well worthy of printing on photo paper and hanging on your listening room wall. I tried printing some 17x22’s but the ink cartridges in my plotter at work were dried up. I’ll see how they look after I get some new ones.

Unfortunately the 'big' artists didn't make themselves availible for interviews. I did make some good contacts with a few publisists and have the promise of interviews in the near future. Sturgus, you'll be glad to know Christian McBride should be one of them along with Pat Metheny.

I did sit down with Tommy Shaw and JY of Styx (one of the very few artists making themselves availible). I need to listen to the interview again and transcribe it for TNT.

Anybody besides me go to Rush last night at Riverport? Damn was it loud, but they cooked (for 3 1/2 hours). :rock:

DeadFish

A Few Crossraods Pics
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jun 2004, 05:53 pm »
Nice position for pics, Scott!
What we got to see is good.
Looks like a real stage full of fun you were at. :mrgreen:
Thanks for the preview.

DF

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
A Few Crossraods Pics
« Reply #2 on: 13 Jun 2004, 10:18 pm »
Nice quality shots , thanks Scott !! :)

Juan R

A Few Crossraods Pics
« Reply #3 on: 14 Jun 2004, 01:53 am »
I went last night to  see Eric Clapton concert here in NO, great concert. A father day gift from my wife, including dinner and Limo.

Malcolm Fear

A Few Crossraods Pics
« Reply #4 on: 28 Jun 2004, 04:33 am »
Let's see if I can make a picture work.
About a week before visiting Scott in St Louis we took this photo along the way

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallery;area=browse;album=333

lonewolfny42

A Few Crossraods Pics
« Reply #5 on: 28 Jun 2004, 06:34 am »
Nice shot Malcolm !!!  :) I can hear the directions now..."hang a right at the three guitars, and go straight for___ miles!"...... :lol:

Malcolm Fear

A Few Crossraods Pics
« Reply #6 on: 28 Jun 2004, 07:19 am »
It was sort of like that.
Hang a right at 3 guitars, drive along Highway 61 and you'll end up at Heartbreak Hotel, across the road from Gracelands.
But that's another story.
Quite thrilling, when you are from Australia.

lonewolfny42

A Few Crossraods Pics
« Reply #7 on: 28 Jun 2004, 07:25 am »
Quote from: Malcolm Fear
It was sort of like that.
Hang a right at 3 guitars, drive along Highway 61 and you'll end up at Heartbreak Hotel, across the road from Gracelands.
But that's another story.
Quite thrilling, when you are from Australia.
Nice to have landmarks ..... and good ones too !!! :lol:

Malcolm Fear

A Few Crossraods Pics
« Reply #8 on: 29 Jun 2004, 06:11 am »
Hi Lonewolf
Here I am swapping driving instructions with you around the Crossroads, and Rocket in Perth Australia is sending me some cables. I believe they are yours. It's a small world.

lonewolfny42

A Few Crossraods Pics
« Reply #9 on: 29 Jun 2004, 06:16 am »
Quote from: Malcolm Fear
Hi Lonewolf
Here I am swapping driving instructions with you around the Crossroads, and Rocket in Perth Australia is sending me some cables. I believe they are yours. It's a small world.
Now-a-day's sure seems that way...happy listening !! :D