Concerts

Scott F.

Concerts
« on: 12 Jun 2004, 05:55 pm »
Hiya Guys,

Just wanted to let you know that there is one kick ass concert coming up at the Pagaent. Robert Randolph and the Family Band. These guys are smokin.

Laura and I just ordered tickets. We got reserved seats ($20 each) for Friday July 16th and ended up with Balcony center row D seats 11 & 12. The main floor is General Admission.

I bought their new CD some time back. Phenominal stuff. Too bad the mastering sucks. It's another one of those 'louder is better' CD's. Not to mention they clipped the peaks, so distortion is heavy. Makes me want to put out a contract on all the knob jockeys out there. There is a special place in hell just for those guys.

But fear not, the music these guys make is well worth the price of admission. We saw them do a 30 minute set last weekend at Crossroads. All of us agreed that it was between them and Buddy Guy as best at show (that includes BB King and Eric Clapton). In fact Robert Randolph got invited out on stage to play with Eric, Buddy Guy, Jimmie Vaughn, Robert Cray and Hubert Sumlin. Thats how good these guys are.

Heres a link so you can check them out first hand.
http://www.robertrandolph.net/
Of course, Amazon has several samples you can listen to.

Anybody interested in going?