Does LIO headphone amp have to be included at time of first order?

lousyreeds1

Hi Vinnie,

Not in the market for LIO yet, but as a Red Wine lifer I'm sure I'll get there eventually 8)  Here's a question for you that might be of general interest: If I buy a LIO, do I have to decide right up front whether or not to include the headphone amp?  I assume this has to be decided at the time of first order, since there's no way to add a headphone jack later on.  Is that correct, or am I off base?

Regards,
Oliver

Vinnie R.

Hi Vinnie,

Not in the market for LIO yet, but as a Red Wine lifer I'm sure I'll get there eventually 8)  Here's a question for you that might be of general interest: If I buy a LIO, do I have to decide right up front whether or not to include the headphone amp?  I assume this has to be decided at the time of first order, since there's no way to add a headphone jack later on.  Is that correct, or am I off base?

Regards,
Oliver

Hi Oliver,

With LIO - you never have to decide up-front if you want include any of the modules.  You can add any of them at any time. 
This is one of the big perks about the modular design approach.  Things can be added in / upgraded easily:)

If you don't order a headphone amp with LIO, we still include a headphone jack on the front panel.  When the time comes when you
order an HPA module, we include the module and a new jack (you can choose a standard 1/4" type, or 4-pin balanced XLR).  The
new jack will have the cable connected, and you simply install it via two screws.  The cable simply plugs into the mating header
on the HPA module.

If you have any other questions about this, please ask.

Vinnie