Salk Song 3

banks1

Salk Song 3
« on: 11 Oct 2021, 02:44 pm »
For you guys that have the Salk 3 and use subs what crossover did you end up with? Also for  if you you tracked your build once it got to final Top coat how long till they shipped? Mine went to 58% today.

Thanks.I cant wait  :D

Druegor

Re: Salk Song 3
« Reply #1 on: 11 Oct 2021, 04:45 pm »
Mine have made it through Sealer Coat 4 (64%) but that last status change was back in late June I believe.  I'm hoping the final top coat will be updated soon.  From what I've read its usually only a couple weeks after that when they get shipped.  (Extra context: original order date mid January for 3 speakers)

Really looking forward to having the final product though and everything I've ordered has been taking longer.  So really just hoping they show up before the end of the year. 

owlsalum1

« Reply #2 on: 11 Oct 2021, 04:50 pm »
My Song 3 Encores took almost 6 months (5.7) from order to packaging and shipment. I don't remember the time from the 58% point to shipment. Sit tight. Be patient. Good things come to those who wait (well, within reason). I have two REL subs I used with my Salk SS 7M monitors (which I still have and intend to keep). With the Song 3 Encores, those subs are now unused. The extension of the Song 3 is good enough I really suggest you try going without first. Why deal with all the usual integration issues associated with subs if you don't have to. Unpack them, hook them up, break them in and let your ears be the judge whether you need to fuss with subs.

birbygdad

« Reply #3 on: 11 Oct 2021, 05:48 pm »
Hey. I have had the regular Salk Song 3 for a good while. They are just right as far as I am concerned. They can and do handle everything from a Beethoven violin concerto to Booker T and the MGs. I had a brief window of opportunity to buy a sub so I ordered one of Salk's 12" as I wanted the finishes to be the same. They were precisely so. I still fiddle around with the crossover and have it set now about 40HZ just to put a little basement under the 3s. For most recordings the 3s are able to handle any music I listen to all by themselves. As regards the 3s on their own, I consider them to be a bargain at twice the price. Well worth the wait (which for me was I think 6 months or so). 

rmdtexas

« Reply #4 on: 11 Oct 2021, 08:00 pm »
I use 40hz with my Song3 BeATs and a rythmik sub. Very pleased with it.

banks1

« Reply #5 on: 12 Oct 2021, 11:04 am »
Thanks for the reply. I think I will try them for a while without my sub.If they do get down in the 30,s range I may not need it. I was thinking that they would be better at 40 or 60 crossover but I dont do H.T. only music.I have a 15 inch sealed sub now but also have a 10 inch ported sub that I could try.I ordered in late feb. so if they move fast I think if I get them in nov. or dec. they will be a great christmas present.My wife would like it if I could get the sub out of the living room.

Rocket

« Reply #6 on: 12 Oct 2021, 01:37 pm »
Hi,

I just sold a pair of Song 3's and I also had a Salk Sound rhythmic subwoofer. I tried the subwoofer with the Song 3's a few time but I thought it had quite good quality bass so I never bothered using it in the end.

Just try it in your system.

Cheers Rod

banks1

« Reply #7 on: 12 Oct 2021, 03:06 pm »
Thanks I will play with it this winter.