Convinced I need Salks, but which?

JakeJ

Re: Convinced I need Salks, but which?
« Reply #20 on: 28 Aug 2021, 12:57 am »
My bad for missing the room dims.  Nice size!  Perhaps the Exotica 3?  I certainly like the finish of the display model on the website, another stunning cabinet.

Buddha3145

« Reply #22 on: 29 Aug 2021, 01:16 am »
Thanks everyone for the comments and advice. I did take Frank up on his offer to take a listen to his SongTower II and HT2-TL speakers. As an added bonus, I got a chance to hear them with his new M225 monoblock amps, which were superb. Both speakers were great, but the HT2-TLs had such an immersive soundstage, I couldn't believe it. I think I found most of what I was looking for in these speakers and it really helped me to narrow my search. I also think I may need to invest in those M225 monoblocks because the combination was just stunning. Big thanks to Frank for having me over!

Rusty Jefferson

« Reply #23 on: 29 Aug 2021, 01:42 am »
Consider the Song 3 BEAT. They could use subs for the bottom octave, but I see you have a nice pair of Rel that would be perfect.  The beryllium Satori tweeters are superb.
https://www.salksound.com/model.php?model=Song3%20BeAT

ilikerecords

« Reply #24 on: 30 Aug 2021, 07:28 pm »
With that budget I would consider the Fyne Audio 702's.  I heard them at RMAF 2 years ago and they were awesome and are on my short list of speakers at $9600pr.  I actually flew down to Suncoast Audio in Florida  to give them an audition and was still blown away.  They are my dream speakers.  I was going to buy them and then COVID hit and my wife insisted on doing some remodeling in the house.

Some of the best sounding speakers I have heard.  The Walnut finish is stunning and the sound is even better.  It is coherent, transparent, has a huge sound stage and wide sweet spot.  Off Axis listening is great.  It has great tight bass and the top end is smooth yet detailed.   The company was started by some engineers that broke away from Tannoy so that they could do their own thing.

Ooooo.  Please tell me more!  I had my eye on those for a bit myself.  I'd absolutely love to hear them in person.  They seem to check all the boxes and get consistently good feedback.

avahifi

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.avahifi.com
« Reply #25 on: 30 Aug 2021, 08:23 pm »
If I was Jim Salk I would be a bit peeved to see a prospect asking specifically about Salk speakers and then seeing comments suggesting other brands in a Salk Circle.

When the prospective client visited here recently, I did not turn on any other speaker brands other then the Salk's I own and use all the time. Of course the two models I have are excellent values at their price points.

Guys, if you want to recommend other products, do it in a general circuit, not in a dedicated Salk circle, in my opinion that is bad form.

Frank Van Alstine

johzel

« Reply #26 on: 30 Aug 2021, 08:31 pm »
If I was Jim Salk I would be a bit peeved to see a prospect asking specifically about Salk speakers and then seeing comments suggesting other brands in a Salk Circle.

When the prospective client visited here recently, I did not turn on any other speaker brands other then the Salk's I own and use all the time. Of course the two models I have are excellent values at their price points.

Guys, if you want to recommend other products, do it in a general circuit, not in a dedicated Salk circle, in my opinion that is bad form.

Frank Van Alstine

+1  (I thought the same thing)

sumoking

« Reply #27 on: 31 Aug 2021, 03:18 am »

Frank Van Alstine

Completely agree sir!

RonN5

« Reply #28 on: 1 Sep 2021, 01:17 pm »
Buddha

My two cents....that massive soundstage is a result of four things.....the RAAL tweeters on the H2TL....the transmission line which pulls up deep bass and augments ambiance....the M225s because great amps just make the soundstage that much better and the room.

As I said, I've heard the Veracity STs (smaller version of the H2TLs) side by side with the BeATS in a 10,000 cubic foot home living room with lots of room to breath and powered by great equipment.....My opinion, the Veracity STs (RAAL) had a bigger soundstage and sweeter top end and deeper bass while the BeATS had more overall projections and low end grunt.

If soundstage is really important....go for one of the RAAL models....but honestly, a week with either model and you will have a big smile on your face.

Did I mention the cabinets/woodworking.....holy cow.

And congrats on the M225s....I haven't heard them but I have no doubt from Franks reputation that they are very special and just made the sound/soundstage that much better!

abd1

• DailyFrenchie
« Reply #29 on: 2 Sep 2021, 10:01 pm »