SB Touch + PS w/ music rails review.

Pez

SB Touch + PS w/ music rails review.
« on: 12 Sep 2011, 12:44 am »
Hey all, wrote up a review on Waynes mods here: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=98511.0

Check it out. Also check out eclien's review.

Wayne1

Re: SB Touch + PS w/ music rails review.
« Reply #1 on: 28 Oct 2011, 03:19 pm »
Thanks for the review PEZ.

Great job!

Gopher

« Reply #2 on: 28 Oct 2011, 05:23 pm »
Pez,

Bad influence ;)

I just sent my Bolder'd Elpac in to Wayne for Music Rails.  I'm very eager to get it back and see how it sounds--mine won't be pre-burned in, so I've been told to expect it to sound miserable pre-break in.  I'm very excited to fast forward a month into ownership though.   :thumb:

Wayne1

« Reply #3 on: 25 Nov 2011, 04:16 pm »
I just updated the power supply for Pez. I added a large film cap across the Music Rail inputs and changed the location where the noise the Music Rail removes gets dumped.

So far he reports improvements in leading edge details.

I did the same mod to another Music Railed PS and he reports improved high end detail and additional lowering of grit and grunge on the high end and better detail and image for mids.

For customers that have had the Music Rail installed on their power supplies, I will update the mod for no charge, except shipping. This includes Big Red Machine and golfugh.

Others wishing to get Music Rails installed before Christmas had better contact me quickly. The queue is filling up.

Pez

« Reply #4 on: 25 Nov 2011, 05:49 pm »
Holy crap! Christmas came early this year!

This is a very excellent mod. And for free? Wow.

My long winded text to Wayne about the mod:

Ok cap has settled down a lot. First off happy thanksgiving! Leading edge transients is vastly improved! Stevie Rays guitar really has sharper pluck. Overall emotional feel is much more apparent!

golfugh

• Dead Can Dance - Into the Labyrinth
« Reply #5 on: 26 Nov 2011, 02:28 am »
Wayne
I'll be in touch when I'm not on the road.  Nice deal!!!
Mark

Pez

« Reply #6 on: 26 Nov 2011, 04:16 am »
Honestly I don't know what Wayne's smoking, not saying this is the most amazing mod EVA, but it's a damned good one. Not to mention doing the labor for free? I don't even do that for my parents.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gopher

« Reply #7 on: 26 Nov 2011, 04:43 am »
Is this different than what is done with the elpac and Jerome mods?  I know space is cramped in there just getting the music rail in.

Wayne1

« Reply #8 on: 26 Nov 2011, 05:06 am »
Honestly I don't know what Wayne's smoking, not saying this is the most amazing mod EVA, but it's a damned good one. Not to mention doing the labor for free? I don't even do that for my parents.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jason,

If it bothers you that much to not pay for the update, you can drop off some Modus Hoperandi next time you are in the neighborhood  :thumb:

Fred,

Your mod was the first I did for the ELPAC. If you would care to send your PS back, I can change the wiring. That is the only difference. It will improve the highs and mids a bit. Unfortunately I didn't figure this change out until after I put the Music Rail in your unit. I am old and slow.  :?

Gopher

« Reply #9 on: 22 Jan 2012, 04:39 am »
Fred,

Your mod was the first I did for the ELPAC. If you would care to send your PS back, I can change the wiring. That is the only difference. It will improve the highs and mids a bit. Unfortunately I didn't figure this change out until after I put the Music Rail in your unit. I am old and slow.  :?

I will have to remember next time I'm out of town for a bit.  As is, this thing is still sounding so darn good I don't want to be without it.  Even temporarily.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #10 on: 22 Jan 2012, 07:25 am »
This includes Big Red Machine and golfugh.

Didn't see this before.  My system is down awaiting new speakers, what would be the turnaround time?

Pez

« Reply #11 on: 22 Jan 2012, 06:36 pm »
Too late sucka.  :P  :lol:

Mine was quick! Your main wait will probably be shipping time.
« Last Edit: 23 Jan 2012, 02:16 pm by Pez »

golfugh

• Dead Can Dance - Into the Labyrinth
« Reply #12 on: 23 Jan 2012, 05:01 am »
Mines going in as soon as I get my identity/credit back!  Long story!