Boston-area meetup?

spwal

Re: Boston-area meetup?
« Reply #20 on: 10 Mar 2008, 05:29 pm »
My dac and amps and pre amp are an easy drop in...

i for one would love to shoot out the F4 clone vis a vis the Patek clone...

im sure we will have a pair of efficient speakers on hand, will we not?

in related-area-meets:  i guess i live in a cave because i never heard of this montreal hifi expo.  ive been itching for a pre-spring trip up north so this could be my excuse.  http://www.fsiexpo.com/epub/index.html

BostonHighEnd

« Reply #21 on: 10 Mar 2008, 10:26 pm »
3:00 it is!

Address is 72 Wedgemere Ave, Winchester, MA 01890

Google puts it in the middle of the block, but its the last house on the left. Notable landmark is a black BMW M3 in the driveway (my other indulgence). I'll also post directions in a day or so. Public transportation is also an option (call me and I can make some arrangements).

E-MAIL: info@bostonhighend.com
Cell phone: 781 507-4471

stereocilia

« Reply #22 on: 12 Mar 2008, 03:30 am »
I can't stay long, but I look forward to 3pm Saturday.   :thumb: Thanks.

BostonHighEnd

« Reply #23 on: 12 Mar 2008, 08:18 pm »
Please bring whatever you want (equipment, music, single malts).

I'll provide space, food, & drink.

My equipment and music will obviously be there, but I'm definitely interested in what others are playing with!

Regards,
Patrick

P.S. Still putting directions together

JTG

« Reply #24 on: 13 Mar 2008, 01:54 am »
Wow.  This thread completely died and came back to life.  It's just my luck that I already have plans to be in NH for the weekend.  :duh:  At least the ball is rolling...hopefully I can make the next meeting.   :)

BostonHighEnd

« Reply #25 on: 13 Mar 2008, 08:18 pm »
I put together some directions and have spent the last couple of hours trying to post them to my web site. The site which is hosted by dotster has some rather horrible site editing software and I can't seem to get the file up. If you want the directions, just drop an e-mail to info@bostonhighend.com. If you use google/mapquest/etc. please note that our address is incorrectly depicted. We're the last house on the left of the block (not on the middle of the block).

Cheers,
Patrick

spwal

« Reply #26 on: 15 Mar 2008, 06:37 pm »
hello hello,

was hoping this cold would be over by now. left work early yesterday and toughed it out all week.  i think i would be doing a disservice by showing up sick :(.  gonna be a damper on the parade tomorrow as well.  I hope you all have a good time and i will bring goodies next time, i promise!

thanks

spwal

BostonHighEnd

« Reply #27 on: 15 Mar 2008, 11:14 pm »
Ericus Rex just left and I wanted to say that  I personally had a great time (despite a major distraction while everyone was there).

The group was small but we enjoyed some wine, cheese, beer and single-malt. Ericus Rex is saving his bottle of bourbon for the next meeting!

Let's keep the momentum going, and pick a date/place for the next one. My place is always available, but it would be more fun to move it around.
« Last Edit: 16 Mar 2008, 12:45 am by BostonHighEnd »

Ericus Rex

« Reply #28 on: 18 Mar 2008, 03:41 pm »
I had a good time and learned a bunch as well!  Thanks to all who were able to show and for those who couldn't make it this time we'll certainly have another.  Big thanks to Patrick at Boston High End for his generosity and hospitality - those planars sound GREAT!  Still have an unopened bottle of Knob Creek for the next one!

stereocilia

« Reply #29 on: 18 Mar 2008, 04:16 pm »
It was a great time, no doubt.  My thanks to Patrick and to everybody in attendance.  There's nothing like a carefully setup high-end system to inspire me to want to explore more music.  I wish I could have stayed longer.

sts9fan

« Reply #30 on: 20 Mar 2008, 11:25 pm »
I had a sweet time on Saturday too!  Sorry I could not stay so long.  I was jazzed to hear those monster Analysis speakers.  Totally new to me.

Kris