Poll

Who can attend a rave in MA Zybar's place on September 30th?

Wouldn't miss it for my wife's best dish!
4 (44.4%)
I may be able to attend, it depends what the wife is cooking.
4 (44.4%)
Sorry, can't make it.  Wife is making lobster!
1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

N.E.A.R. First Audio Rave

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Re: N.E.A.R. First Audio Rave
« Reply #20 on: 29 Sep 2006, 12:04 am »
I have only heard from two people at this point.

So please let me know if you are coming.

The Moscode just arrived today so it should be fun.

George

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #21 on: 29 Sep 2006, 11:02 am »
I am thinking we could start around 1:00pm.

I will be sending out my address info to all those who have sent me a PM or joined the Yahoo mail list.

George

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #22 on: 30 Sep 2006, 12:34 am »
So are people coming?

Not exactly a roaring start...

George

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #23 on: 30 Sep 2006, 04:22 am »
Just got home from work(midnite) and I see you finally gave out directions. Unfortunately, they come a little too late for me to attend George. I so much wanted to see/hear your system(as I already stated in tuesday's PM). But I need more time than last minute PM's in order to plan an 8 hour drive to a place I've never been to. Really George, I don't know what you expect when you could have easily answered tuesday's PM(that you yourself requested) and given me your address instead of further dragging your feet with this YahooGroups BS. That's just my opinion. As it is, I just wasn't given enough time to make arrangements for a 78 year old woman that I caretake for along with other obligations that required  an adequate timeline. I'm really sorry George but that's my situation in a nutshell. Another time maybe?

Robin

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #24 on: 30 Sep 2006, 11:10 am »
Just got home from work(midnite) and I see you finally gave out directions. Unfortunately, they come a little too late for me to attend George. I so much wanted to see/hear your system(as I already stated in tuesday's PM). But I need more time than last minute PM's in order to plan an 8 hour drive to a place I've never been to. Really George, I don't know what you expect when you could have easily answered tuesday's PM(that you yourself requested) and given me your address instead of further dragging your feet with this YahooGroups BS. That's just my opinion. As it is, I just wasn't given enough time to make arrangements for a 78 year old woman that I caretake for along with other obligations that required  an adequate timeline. I'm really sorry George but that's my situation in a nutshell. Another time maybe?

Robin

Understood Robin.

Although I can't for the life of me figure out how it is an 8 hr drive to MA.

Frankly, the response for the gathering and traffic in the Circle has been pretty disappointing.  While I wasn't expecting a huge turnout, I was hoping for more than a couple of people.

Hopefully with a different date we can get better results.

George

TF1216

• Facilitator
« Reply #25 on: 30 Sep 2006, 11:59 am »
I somehow feel the lack of expected attendees is my fault.  Should I start a thread where members can suggest how to properly organize the next get together?

Andrew JC

« Reply #26 on: 30 Sep 2006, 12:09 pm »
George, I would have loved to attend today. However, family issues are preventing me from making the trip. I do hope you try again because I do suffer from gear envy from all your systems! Good luck today and have fun. All the best....andy

PhilNYC

« Reply #27 on: 30 Sep 2006, 12:23 pm »

Frankly, the response for the gathering and traffic in the Circle has been pretty disappointing.  While I wasn't expecting a huge turnout, I was hoping for more than a couple of people.

FWIW, we only had 5-6 people attend the very first NY Rave...once we started, and making sure we posted post-Rave comments, it really started to roll... 8)

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #28 on: 30 Sep 2006, 12:26 pm »
Good point Phil.

I am not giving up!

George

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #29 on: 30 Sep 2006, 04:41 pm »

Understood Robin.

Although I can't for the life of me figure out how it is an 8 hr drive to MA.

George  

8 hour round trip George, it's not just a 1 way trip ya'know. :icon_lol: This was only a 1 time excuse for me not making a trip to your place George,,,, now that I have your addy. But hopefully, this'll be a headsup to anyone elso that wants to organize a gathering that all details need to be made days in advance. Let's face it, New England covers quite a bit of territory. 

Really George, it was my thought that you were delaying because of the possiblity of canceling due to a low turnout. After thursday, I had given up even hearing from you.

On another front, it seems that 1 person (out of the 4 members) at the YahooGroups mailing list failed to receive your  friday night directions message. Why is this?

Robin

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #30 on: 30 Sep 2006, 04:46 pm »
8 hour round trip George, it's not just a 1 way trip ya'know. :icon_lol: This was only a 1 time excuse for me not making a trip to your place George,,,, now that I have your addy. But hopefully, this'll be a headsup to anyone elso that wants to organize a gathering that all details need to be made days in advance. Let's face it, New England covers quite a bit of territory. 

Really George, it was my thought that you were delaying because of the possiblity of canceling due to a low turnout. After thursday, I had given up even hearing from you.

On another front, it seems that 1 person (out of the 4 members) at the YahooGroups mailing list failed to receive your  friday night directions message. Why is this?

Robin

Robin,

Sorry for being a little thick on the round trip time.  :duh:

I was hoping for a much better turnout, but as Phil posted earlier, it took the NY boys a few gatherings to grow in numbers. 

You are welcome to come over whenever both of our schedules allow it.   :thumb:

If we try and do this again late in Oct. (after RMAF), I promise to send out address info much earlier.

George

john1970

« Reply #31 on: 30 Sep 2006, 04:50 pm »
George,

I would have made it, but I have family visiting for the next two weekends.  Late October will be a good time for me to visit.  By then I should have my rebuilt RM40s.

Cheers,

John

sts9fan

« Reply #32 on: 2 Oct 2006, 04:08 pm »
So how did the first meet go?

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #33 on: 2 Oct 2006, 04:41 pm »
It was a lot of fun, but with a pretty low turnout - just Tyler (tf121682) was able to attend.

Tyler is a great guy and is really into DIY.  He gave me some things to think about, and I was able to share my system and a lot of music with him.

I will try to host another gathering (if there is enough interest) in late October or early November.  Otherwise, I would happy to go over and listen to another member's system.

I think we can easily fix some the of the communication issues that contributed to the low turnout.

Hopefully Tyler will post his thoughts as well.

George

sts9fan

« Reply #34 on: 2 Oct 2006, 04:53 pm »
Yeah I wanted to come but it was one of those pick your battle situations with the lady. Anyway I would still like to try and be involved. If there is a GTG last week in October or in November I should be able to attend. Keep me posted.

TF1216

• Facilitator
« Reply #35 on: 2 Oct 2006, 05:23 pm »
Sorry I have not posted anything about Saturday yet, I was a little busy once I got home.

First thing I have to mention is how cool George is.  He was kind of enough to let me sit in his super comfortable listening seat the whole time.  I even got to play with the squeezebox and Tact.  I had a great time at his place and he has beautiful house, toys, and even more importantly, a family.

His stereo is setup exactly how I would do it.  It's simple to get to all equipment and you can change music on the fly so easily.  Absolutely awesome!

I am new to the high-end world of music but his ht3 pair rivaled the best sound I have heard to date.  I really don't feel like I can comment on what speaker I like better than another unless they were all compared to one another in the same room.  But the sound I heard from his ht3 with his equipment was phenomenal.  

I don't know what else to say other than I had a great time with George and I wish I knew about his other gadgets before I had to go : Þ

john1970

« Reply #36 on: 22 Oct 2006, 03:10 am »
George,

I would definitely like to make it over to your next gathering.  The next two Saturdays do not work for me, but after that I should be free until Thanksgiving.

Best,

John

P.S.  The rebuilt RM40s with MLS cabinets look absolutely gorgeous.  The sound is amazing as well.