Off to a flyin' start

beemer

Off to a flyin' start
« on: 26 Aug 2006, 12:26 am »
 Well here it is, a bit of hue and cry for a NE regional forum, now it seems they are all dropping off the map. C'mon NE, the NY guys know it is fun to get together, put up and let's roll! 

I'll be glad to have folks to my place, any weekend day. I don't stray far from home.

Best,

Paul  :green:

MarkM

Re: Off to a flyin' start
« Reply #1 on: 26 Aug 2006, 02:16 am »
Must be Yankee Independence.  Do it at our own pace! :lol: 

Looks like George may be hosting the first official gathering under the NEAR flag, perhaps in Sept or Oct.  I think you hosting the Selah demo kind of got the ball rolling.   :thumb:

rayd

« Reply #2 on: 26 Aug 2006, 03:16 pm »
Well here it is, a bit of hue and cry for a NE regional forum, now it seems they are all dropping off the map. C'mon NE, the NY guys know it is fun to get together, put up and let's roll! 

I'll be glad to have folks to my place, any weekend day. I don't stray far from home.

Best,

Hello Paul, I wouldn't mind coming over for a listen sometime. I'm right next door in Leominster. I just got into flea powered SET a few years ago having been a minor audiophile in the past owning various mid-fi stuff. I am not an expert by any stretch but got a bit of the audio-bug (have a McAlister 15W SET which runs on T.V sweep tubes on order).

Best,

- Ray

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #3 on: 27 Aug 2006, 08:53 pm »

Best,

Hi again Paul
 I for one would jump at the chance to hear those Pipedreams. It's gotta be one huge soundfield you got working for you now. I'll be keeping an eye out for a date and I'll be showing up for sure! Sounds like another stop at Curtis's Barbeque Pit too.   aa

Robin

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #4 on: 27 Aug 2006, 08:58 pm »
Ok, I will have some new toys by the time I host in Sept/Oct:

Dodd 120 Mono amps
Bolder Cable Modified AV123 x-ls speakers

I also "may" have the new Moscode amp for a potential killer amp shootout.

George

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #5 on: 27 Aug 2006, 09:17 pm »
Come on George, you haven't let go of the Salk's already have you? :o I so wanted to hear those fabulous looking floorstanders. :D

Robin

bubba966

« Reply #6 on: 27 Aug 2006, 09:20 pm »
Ok, I will have some new toys by the time I host in Sept/Oct:

Dodd 120 Mono amps

Those are nice. Heard 'em in the GR room at VSAC. And I think they've been greatly improved since I heard 'em at VSAC...

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #7 on: 27 Aug 2006, 09:30 pm »
Come on George, you haven't let go of the Salk's already have you? :o I so wanted to hear those fabulous looking floorstanders. :D

Robin

Robin,

The Salks are still here and in the main system.

The little xl-s speakers are in the family room.

George

MarkM

« Reply #8 on: 28 Aug 2006, 02:33 am »

(have a McAlister 15W SET which runs on T.V sweep tubes on order).

Best,

- Ray

Ray, I have a PP150 from McAlister.  I think you will be very happy with the performance.  8)

outlawrocketman

« Reply #9 on: 28 Aug 2006, 04:52 pm »
I'm interested as well. Probably the most interesting thing I could bring along is the LITE DAC-60 that GR-Research is importing / selling.

I'd be glad to host one at my place as well in the future - down in Norton, MA.   For details on my audio systems check out my Frappr profile: http://www.frappr.com/?a=myfrappr&id=1184978

sts9fan

« Reply #10 on: 28 Aug 2006, 05:45 pm »
Hi Peter

Funny thing is I have your # that I got from Robert Lee here on my desk . I am very interested in checking out the acoustic zen speakers and I was planning on giving you a call after I get back from a bit of R&R.

outlawrocketman

« Reply #11 on: 28 Aug 2006, 06:19 pm »
Hi Sts9fan,

Sounds great, ready and willing to host Acoustic Zen Adagio listening sessions.
Right now in my system the best transport I have is the Pioneer Elite 47AI (or the Njoe Tjoeb 4000). Within a week or so I hope to unleash the music I have stored on my computer (via iTunes Apple Lossless) - 2500 CDs or so, via the HAGUSB into my DAC. Hoping for listening nirvana!

Hi Peter

Funny thing is I have your # that I got from Robert Lee here on my desk . I am very interested in checking out the acoustic zen speakers and I was planning on giving you a call after I get back from a bit of R&R.

rayd

« Reply #12 on: 30 Aug 2006, 09:16 am »

Ray, I have a PP150 from McAlister.  I think you will be very happy with the performance.  8)

Thanks Mark. Everything has been positive - from a sonic perspective - re: Peter's work. I just hope there's good synergy with the rest of my equipment. Are you close to me by any chance? I am in Central Mass.

- Ray

MarkM

« Reply #13 on: 30 Aug 2006, 12:10 pm »
Ray,  I live in Westbrook(next to Portland), Maine.  Looks like Peter has worked on the cosmetics of the amps as well as his website.  I have decided to sell my PP150 to purchase a Van Alstine Fet Valve 550 ultra. 

Not selling it because of its performance, to keep the peace  :wink: I am selling two of my amps and a pair of speakers that I am currently not using to fund the Fet Valve.  That leaves me with 2 amps and two sets of speakers for my room. :lol:

PhilNYC

« Reply #14 on: 30 Aug 2006, 01:02 pm »
Hey folks...NY Raver here.   :wave:

A quick recommendation to get things started...I noticed a couple of "I'm willing to host any weekend" posts here.  The best thing to do if you are willing to host is to pick a date, set it in stone, and go with it.  Trying to get unanimous consensus on a date is always tough (almost impossible).  At a minimum, pick two possible dates and set up a poll (with a deadline).  From our experience in the NY Rave, the hardest part is to get the date picked...once that's done, it all comes together...